Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a title to a survival movie

Default looking for a title to a survival movie

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum.
    I am searching for the title to a movie (probably the 80's) where this woman is either trapped in the Yukon or Alaska, is pregnant and is separated from her husband and has to survive till spring. They are separated during some catastrophic event...an earthquake or something. She has to give birth alone to her child, she might have another child with her also.

I think they were out there for gold.

There is one part of the movie where she manages to kill a moose and struggles to load it into a canoe and then the wolves are after her and the moose carcass.
    Does anybody remember this movie?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Mikkey

Doesn't ring any bells for me,why dont you head over to the intro section and tells us a little about yourself!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

i saw it and couldnt tell you the name of it. it had whats her name the blond from LA LAw
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

Blog Entries

Is it a about a couple in Alaska who get seperated from a real bad storm, she had a small kid with her and was pregnant and gave birth in some shelter she had built?
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Is it a about a couple in Alaska who get seperated from a real bad storm, she had a small kid with her and was pregnant and gave birth in some shelter she had built?
    Meanazz!!!!1
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

I was only asking seriously.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Welcome home. You have to ignore the zombies on this post. They are harmless.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I got a movie from 1965 with Alec Guiness when he was young, it says intorducing Susanna York. Called Tunes of Glory, love that classic ole movie.

the only thing i can find with a female from l.a. law and alaska together is "rugged gold", a 1994 made for tv movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111030/

i don't know if that's the one you're looking for. if you can remember the character's name (in either l.a. law or the movie), or any more details, that'd help a lot.

My guess it would be called something like:
    S.O.L.

Sorry it doesn't ring a bell.

yeah thats it rugged gold

a widower and her young son vist her fiance and his indian partner at their gold mine. the boy resents his mother remarring and runs off the fiance goes after him then comes winter the woman is attacked by a grizzly after she shoots an elk (some thing she had problems with before) she has a daughter come spring the guys come get and of course they've patched things up and are buddy buddy....naw i didnt see that one
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

Oh, nice! Just nice! You spoiled it for me. No need to get the movie now. I know how it ends. Thanks a heap!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

sorry about that. there are some things i missed like whe she re.................
    and then .............. but i wont tell you about the ......................

thank you for your feedback. It sounds like the movie. A gal from work and I were looking for the name of it.
    Thanks so much!!!
    Mikkey

Mikkey - don't go now! Introduce yourself in the introduction section and hang around for awhile.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

DragonJimm - Broken toe? Ah, man. You have my sympathy. Did that a couple of years ago when I slipped taking a shower. The one next to the big toe. Now I got a friggin' knot on the thing where it broke. Calcium deposits and all.

You'll limp for a while. But I found it was an awful lot of fun to mumble while I limped and look up every so often. People gave me a wide birth.

oh i'm limping and mumbling alright make matters worse i'm at work tonight and this steel toe boot is killing me...

Blog Entries

Back in the 70's their was another movie, french trapper and a woman live on the side of a river. He steps in one of his traps, she has to cut his one leg off after the infection set in.

She saves his life, I think. In the spring, she moves back to civilization and is a school teacher. Next shot is her, in a canoe, paddling back up the river, guess she missed that ol frenchman with one leg.

The end.

there was one names walk about filmed in Australia 80's

it was about how a young girl and her brother survived the outback after their father is killed by bandits

Oh man....now there's another one you've ruined.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel