Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Pass Around Knife Rules and Regs...

Blog Entries

Default 2nd Pass Around Knife Rules and Regs...

Okay here it is for all the New Folks...
    Rules of the 2nd Pass Around Knife.
    1. Use the knife to see how it holds up to whatever you need it for during outdoor work.
    2. Add what you think would be good for that knife as a survival knife.
    3. PM next person on the list for their address and mail knife to them so they in turn can test it out.
    4. Anything someone believes should be added or taken away from the knife or sheath to make it a better survival knife is allowed.
    5. Person sending the knife pays for all expenses of shipping to the next person on the
    list.
    6. After you have finished with the knife write a review of what you have done to the knife and how it performed for you ie. What you liked and disliked and what you did to make the knife better.
    7. Do not worry if the blade is chipped or bent while trying the knife out that is expected in a product test and review.
    At the end of this month I will post the list for the 2nd pass around knife and send it off to whoever is next, I have a running list of those who asked so far and will up date until the end of the month, once the list is posted it is closed. Once list is completed the knife is sent back to owner and he or she tests the knife with all survival add ons and does one last final review posting.
    You must be at least 18 years old to this testing (no exceptions).
    I am hoping to get a few of you Canadians and Alaska outdoorsmen in on this so I can hear how it does for you guys and gals in the frozen north (even though its summer) and even Pict(Mac) to see how it handles the Jungle. More than likely I will send the knife once it is completed the cirulation to either a friend stationed in Iraq, or one of the guys in the bush from on here so they can use it, or just to someone else that will use the crap outta it.
    Be advised this all works on the honor system.
    Here's the knife for the 2nd Pass Around.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Beo; 06-13-2008 at 09:30 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

The list so far...
    Beo starting it off.
    Sarge
    Grey Wolf
    1stcavmp77
    Grundle
    catfish10101
    awfoxden
    91g-dub
    Teacher
    Hop

If I missed anyone or messed up the order let me know I will update as we go.
    Last edited by Beo; 07-01-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I'd like to be added to that list if I may.

let me know when you need my address to send me the knife. just pm me or whatever.

What knife will you be sending out?

I want to watch this close. I love my Mora Cliper. But I was thinking of getting another knife to try. I was thinking of getting a 6" blade for camp and survival use.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Blog Entries

Added a pic to the first post here.

Blog Entries

Also I have another knife I wanna do as a pass around knife, I am in position thru work to get knives from knife makers for doing testing on and I think this is a great place to send them around to those of you who will use them, wdd and subtract from them, and get feed back on so I can let the maker and company know what I and others think.

Speaking of knives....Beo - did you ever finish the one you were working on?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Got the metal shaped up and polished about a week ago, Damascus is hard to work with cause I didn't want to screw the pattern up. Working on the handle, wood but been thinking of just doing a black paracord wrap instead.

What did you use to shape the Damascus steel? (wondering about the heat)
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Blog Entries

I have a forge made of an old cast iron oven and a tube runs out the back which i hook to a hair dryer, this is turned on low and feeds the fire air to keep hot. The steel is then heated and pounded out to get the shape, cooling in done in a drum of warm oil this keeps the temper, the rest of the shaping is done by files and fine grit steel wool.
    (Shortened Version)

when is the knife going out?
    We sleep quietly in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.

Colt: the original point and click interface.

Beowulf65, If I am correct from the picture the knife is a Bushmen series blade? If so we (the instructors) have used these before at our school. A hollow handle and a wonderfully balanced blade. We drilled a hole clear through the end of the handle and wrapped them with 550 cord. Definately one of my favorite knives, right after my Bowie of course. I would like to get in on your test and evaluation program.
    Last edited by Teacher; 06-17-2008 at 06:56 PM.
    Some times things that go bump in the night....get bumped back!!!

Blog Entries

Used the knife this past weekend and it worked well, I prefer the older type but it held up and kept its edge real well, I cut everything from leather to branches, and even used it to dig out my fire pit. Sarge you are up so PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.
    Also received another knife for testing, will post pics of it soon.
    Last edited by Beo; 07-01-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Sarge! Helloooooooooooooooooooo Sarge, PM me and I'll send ya the 2nd pass around knife.

Beo - Both Sarge and Rick are out of town for a bit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

cool Thanks.

Blog Entries

I'm sending Sarge the knife this weekend, I cut the sheath down as it almost covered the entire handle and drawing it was slow, added grip to the handle see how you like it and added a case to the sheath to put things in. Now have it folks add and subtract what you like.
    Beo,Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Beo, any pic's of what "you" did?

Beo, Did Sarge receive the knife?