Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ok people this is it...my thread on what i think about our nations state of affairs.

doesn't apply to the guys i work with they're just lazy, want everything brought to them and thinks the world owes them something. i know military life and or training isn't for every one but still a good many would get something useful from it.
    besides those in prison would make much better soldiers.

@dan ....load the boat guys you're citizenship has just been revoked
    Last edited by dragonjimm; 06-12-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: a poke at dan
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

Personally, as soon as I hear of anything being made mandatory by a government (driver's license?! I don't need no stinkin' driver's license!) I start to get a little bit itchy feet (time to travel)
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

ok maybe i'm not old enough to know about vietnam from personal experience but i can read pretty dang well and from everything i've read, watched and heard about vietnam that aint losing. saigon fell two years after we left. as far as the mandatory military service i didn't say anything about a draft. i meant that we should take these young(er) kids that are just starting to get out into the world and stick them into some kind of military service for maybe two or three years teach'em a sense of pride, responsibility, and belonging to something bigger than a neighborhood gang and then stand back and see what that generation can do. make it the only way they can legally have some rights like maybe the right to vote or something similar and i still think it should be mandatory before someone can get into high level politics. idk maybe i'm just talking out my @$$. i am ranting a little. i just think somethings need to change at the bottom and maybe this is the way to do it. i think that if some of these politicians were in the military they would come a lot closer to funding our military they should be funded and i'll bet dollars to doughnuts the va system would get fixed. just my two bits.

Two years after we left? You might want to brush up on your reading a bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Saigon
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavmp77 View Post
    idk maybe i'm just talking out my @$$. i am ranting a little. i just think somethings need to change at the bottom and maybe this is the way to do it.
    just mho, but I think you're starting at the wrong end. This country's decisions are made top down, so why start where the **** *STOPS* rolling?
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.