Thread: Tips For a good nutrition

Thumbs up Tips For a good nutrition

Kids` early eating know-how can have an impact on how they devour as they get older. That`s why it`s so essential to get them to know about wholesome eating ahead of time.

Foods that Should I Introduce to My Child First.

When your toddler is almost 6 months old, you may begin introducing them to eating and drinking differently than breast milk and toddler formula. For the majority of babies, you won’t be required to introduce foods in a selected order.
    Try creating a rainbow of various colored ingredients on your toddler`s plate. Such as:

• Fruits: bananas, strawberries, pears, oranges, melons, or avocados • Vegetables: cooked spinach, carrots, peas, candy potatoes, or beets • Whole grains: complete-grain bread, crackers, or pasta

• Meats: soft, small portions of beef, lamb, chicken, fish, or turkey

• Dairy: yogurts or cheeses (pasteurized only)
    Drinks count, too
    When your child is between 6 and 12 months old, you may provide them:

• Water (four to six ounces per day)

• Breast milk (in case you continue to breastfeed) or newborn formula.

Once your toddler is 12 months old, you may start giving fortified cow`s milk.

Foods to Avert

There are surely foods and drinks you need to keep away from your child. If your toddler is below one year, keep away from food and drink such as:

• Honey. It should purpose a severe kind of meal poisoning known as botulism in babies below one year.

• Unpasteurized liquids or foods. These products might also put your toddler at threat of E. coli, a deleterious bacteria which could purpose intense diarrhea. Usual unpasteurized eating comprises raw milk, juice, yogurt, or cheeses.

• Fortified cow`s milk. It might additionally put your child below 12 months old at threat of intestinal bleeding.

• Fruit juice and different sugary liquids. The American Academy of Pediatrics advises that children now no longer drink 100% juice or juice liquids with added sweeteners before they’re 12 months old.
    https://talentedcook.com/the-best-ti...-alimentation/

I am hardly a toddler and I still eat all of those things, well.... except for the breast milk, but it's certainly not for lack of trying...

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 09-16-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I am hardly a toddler and I still eat all of those things, well.... except for the breast milk, it it's certainly not for lack of trying...

Alan
    I am with you. But, I must say that the only reason I still do not consume breast milk is because of the last police interaction I had.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Joji,
    My toddler is in her 40s with a bachelor's in business, a master's in finance and a CPA.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    Joji,
    My toddler is in her 40s with a bachelor's in business, a master's in finance and a CPA.
    Yea, know the feeling.

My grandson has a toddler, I'll send him the link!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I'm from a small town and I'm a redneck guy, so I have a tip.
    Boiled and diluted (2/3 milk 1/3 water) is "okay" for babies... When you don't have formula and can't breastfeed. My grandma coundn't breastfeed so she raised my mom this way, with goat milk, since birth.
    Of course, there is better options today and you should avoid this kind of alternatives. We are talking about the lives of family members, after all.
    BUT when the baby turns into a toddler, you can always gave him small amounts of boiled cow milk, if you only have raw cow milk.
    I don't have kids (yet) but I helped to raise my little brother =)
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I am with you. But, I must say that the only reason I still do not consume breast milk is because of the last police interaction I had.
    Sometimes they can be so unreasonable.

Alan

I fear the OP has a little bit of a prejudicial attitude toward anything but breast feeding and considers alternate feeding less than healthy.

I assure you that raising a baby on home made baby formula is possible and was the standard in my family. My mother could not breast feed and raised 4 healthy children.

She would brew the concoction up in a huge stock pot that held about 5 gallons! One half gallon of whole milk, one half gallon of water, half a cup of light corn syrup. Bring it to a simmer but not to a boil. Get it to that 160F point we use to purify any water in emergencies. Let this simmer for half hour and bottle it up in sterilized canning jars.

Anything close, like Deimos grandmother's recipe would work. The main thing is to get some nutrition into the baby and keep it alive.

It might be of note that a man named Gail Borden developed the commodity we call evaporated milk back in 1857. It became a staple on the frontier and kept many a child alive if the cow happened to die along the Oregon Trail. It was important enough that infant mortality took a drop after its invention.

I really don't consider a "toddler" official until it is "toddling around". A baby under walking age is not a toddler. By that time the kid is probably stuffing anything it can get too in its gizzard, up to and including dirt, rocks and grass.

My kids were pretty much on solid food at one year. We had to be careful what we put on their high chair tray to prevent choking rather than guaranteeing nutrition. It's hard to chew properly with three teeth.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-16-2022 at 05:29 PM.

Thank all of you for your feedback, we should absolutely take care of our nutrition, and also create good habits concerning our alimentation ( not only toddlers).

I just checked on my alimentation. I have three cans of spam, a pound of beans, a chunk of bacon and 8 pounds of coffee, I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I just checked on my alimentation. I have three cans of spam, a pound of beans, a chunk of bacon and 8 pounds of coffee, I'm good to go.
    Do you eat your SPAM as it is? I enjoy mine fryed.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

We eat healthy. Chicken, fish, pork and about once a month or so, a steak. Lots of vegetables and salads. The biggest requirement is it must taste good. Once a month or so, we have a bad day where we eat what isn't healthy but tastes real good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Do you eat your SPAM as it is? I enjoy mine fryed.
    Fried is good. Sometimes as is but chilled in the fridge.

Sometimes I cut it in small chunks and stir fry it with veggies.

A balance of nutrients is crucial for proper nutrition. It's crucial to get a balance of protein, carbs, and fats in your diet. These nutrients are necessary for the body to function and perform at its best.

Our favorite recipe for Spam is fried with real or from a tree Maple syrup.

I like to eat more vegetables and fruits

Quote Originally Posted by Azert View Post
    I like to eat more vegetables and fruits
    Go figure. I would have thought you like to eat more spam.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel