Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you drank Chaga Tea? Personal benifits from it?

i did cut off a chunk of it on sunday maybe i will try it tonight in a tea guess i will just let the "chunck" steep for 10 minutes and see how it tastes
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Exclamation Wait!

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    i did cut off a chunk of it on sunday maybe i will try it tonight in a tea guess i will just let the "chunck" steep for 10 minutes and see how it tastes
    This is perhaps the most written about method of making tea from chaga mushrooms:

1. Shred the inner part of the Chaga mushroom.
    2. Soften in cold water for four hours.
    3. Filter with a coffee filter and save the liquid and the softened Chaga separately.
    4. Pour water heated to a temperature of about 50C (122F) over the softened chaga in a ratio of 5-parts water to 1-part fungus.
    5. Let stand at room temperature for 48-hours.
    6. Filter the new mixture and add this water to that prepared in step 3.
    7. Use this batch within four days, drinking 3-glasses at eight hour intervals each day. After four days make a new batch of chaga tea.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Or

Mushroom Hunters Chaga Method

1. Bring two gallons (8 liters) of water to a boil.
    2. Let the water cool until you can touch the pot without it burning your hand.
    3. Put 3 or 4 handfuls of the chaga into the water.
    4. Cover the pot and let stand for 48-hours.
    5. Strain the liquid and store in a refrigerator.
    6. The cubes can be used at least two additional times.

According to the Mushroom Hunter some people say boiling the chaga releases additional cancer fighting ingredients so he as a last step he boils the cubes to obtain the last bit of goodness.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Has this topic been further investigated? Is Chaga tea really that beneficial? The articles indicate it grows in northern USA- how far north? We have birch here in southern NJ; is it reasonable to believe it can be found here? How about in central PA?

I have some hypertension going on and I hate the side effects of the medications prescribed to me, so I'm very willing to try some natural remedies.

If I source some from a healthfoods store, is it the same thing?

The main thing to consider is the source, which should be white birch. It's hard to know if the stuff from health food stores came from white birch, or is even chaga for that matter.

I would suggest only buying chaga in chunk form and knowing what it looks like and buying from someone whom I could trust.

I drink it because it tastes good, if there's any health benefits then yee haaa, that much better I suppose. I was having stomach troubles after a surgery and after drinking it got better. can't say if it was the chaga tea or time. but, I harvested my own chaga.

I made some out in the field the other day, here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEXTwhKW7Q4

For best health benefits it's suggested that you don't boil it though.

Chaga tea is very beneficial for your health.

When harvesting your own Chaga for preparing tea make sure you only use Chaga that grew at least several 100s of kilometers away from industrial and/or rural areas /highways. Like all mushrooms Chaga is a true pollution sponge and absorbs heavy metals very easy. Not very healthy.

I am using Chaga for quite some time now, though only as a food supplement in capsules. Stops the colds and the flus from appearing. Lowers cholesterol and more of that stuff. I'm now trying tea for the first time.

Have a look at this Russian site (in English) with lots of background. The best/most clean Chaga stems from Siberia. Very interesting!

chagatrade.ru

Well, maybe you can find Chaga
    that grew at least several 100s of kilometers away from industrial and/or rural areas /highways
    in the Netherlands, but for most folks that is unrealistic. What you are describing does not exist in many places where civilization exists. Your wouldn't live 240 miles from the nearest road would you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have used Chaga to attempt fighting off a bug, but it didn't help (or seemed not to) but my guess is, as with many antibiotics, you need the right one for the bug you got. On a side note, I have heard that boiling it is in fact the best way to use it, and boiling the water down to a third it's original volume makes it much more potent. It is recommended to not use it as a preventative as your body will grow tolerances to it and it won't be there for you when you need it. Just some thoughts. mark