Thread: Beer, wine and so on... [NOT RELATED TO SURVIVAL]

Cool Beer, wine and so on... [NOT RELATED TO SURVIVAL]

Good afternoon, lads!
    I'm not a big drinker but I do like to drink a little to ward off the cold and have a good sleep.
    What do you guys drink during cold winter nigths and what do you drink during a relaxing and sunny day at the like/beach/etc?
    Me: To refresh myself during summer, I usually drink biercola, a drink composed of draft beer and cola. You can drink a lot of that without getting drunk. Or I Just drink cola or draft beer, sometimes lager beer or even some orange juice If I'm going to drive or do anything important later. During winter, I lean toward wine, both homemade and store bougth wine, some draft beer again (I love that stuff ) and coffe If I'm going to drive.
    I know that this isn't related to survival and wilderness but I want to know you guys a little more.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Coffee for cold. Italian sodas for heat, and I'm a fanatic for milk shakes. Also, the best sports drink I've found for rehydration and electrolyte balance is Body Armor although I have read that milk is also good. It works for me but seems second best.

I went through about five years with a constant blood alcohol level (I was working through school on the lay barges) until my vision started getting fuzzy and I kept an ache in the back of my head, so I decided to quit.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Coffee for cold. Italian sodas for heat, and I'm a fanatic for milk shakes. Also, the best sports drink I've found for rehydration and electrolyte balance is Body Armor although I have read that milk is also good. It works for me but seems second best.

I went through about five years with a constant blood alcohol level (I was working through school on the lay barges) until my vision started getting fuzzy and I kept an ache in the back of my head, so I decided to quit.
    I love milkshakes but if I drink too much of it, it doesn't sit well and I end up wasting all my day at the toilet.

I don't drink alcohol. However, I drink tons of milk. That has always been my all time favorite drink.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't drink alcohol. However, I drink tons of milk. That has always been my all time favorite drink.
    What kind of milk? You should try goat milk at least once. And let's not even get started about cheese. I like both milk and cheese.

No Alcohol, Ever...

A pot of coffee every morning regardless of time of year.
    Summertime - water and/or Iced tea and perhaps a powerade or gatorade on the extra hot days (which is about 8 months of the year).
    Wintertime - water and/or Iced tea and perhaps a powerade or gatorade on the extra hot days (which is about 4 months of the year).
    A mug of herbal tea (Egyptian Licorice and Sleepytime) every evening regardless of the time of year.
    Same mug of milk before bed every evening regardless of the time of year.

I will add some of those little electrolyte packs to my water from time to time. I use a RO filter for drinking water and mineral supplements.

Alan

Well..........lots of coffee. I do enjoy Bourbon, Rum and Beer as well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I enjoy a glass of crispy Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio; however, except for a glass of Cointreau not much else

Well, I do confess to wine at communion. Otherwise, no. I drink cow's milk. I do have to have my morning coffee. The world would probably come from together unto apart if I missed my morning coffee.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You guys really aren't into alcohol that much. But a glass of wine or grape juice per day keeps the heart in good shape!

A minimum of 2 large cups of coffee every morning. The rest of the day I drink a locally produced sweet tea called Milos heavily diluted with water because it's too sweet and I prefer it to just straight up water. In the winter I'll have a hot mug of Milos straight up with cinnamon or a mug of hot chocolate. No cokes and maybe 1 or 2 beers a year.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.

When my doctor asked me did I drink alcoholic beverages, I said yes. Next he asked me what size glass, I answered a wine glass; why did you ask?
    His answer was I asked one of my patients and their answer was a 32 ounce glass. I said I didn't know they made a 32 ounce glass.

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    I enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.

When my doctor asked me did I drink alcoholic beverages, I said yes. Next he asked me what size glass, I answered a wine glass; why did you ask?
    His answer was I asked one of my patients and their answer was a 32 ounce glass. I said I didn't know they made a 32 ounce glass.
    A meal composed of a glass of wine and a hot, steaming chicken soup is a fond memory for me, I used to eat this after I came home from college every nigth during the dead of winter to ward off the cold. IT WAS COLD, not the USA kind of cold but still 23 °F was prety cold for me, because I was still an airhead and didn't know anything about dressing in layers and a lot of other things. My wife was still my girlfriend but we already lived together, so we would share this meal before going to sleep.

What, no caipirinha?

You have some of the best bread and cheese in the world. Your neighbor Argentina, has great malbec wine. Too bad it’s a ten hour flight.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    What, no caipirinha?
    No man, I don't like It. It's way too sweet, even for me. I do drink it sometimes but If I'm going for drinks I will just order an old fashion.
    I do buy wine at Argentina, I can get there by car. It takes me about 4 hours.

We enjoy grinding our coffee from beans. Before I bought a generator when the power was out, I couldn't grind coffer to make on the camp chef propane stove. So, I bought a coffee grinder; no one has an idea how long it takes to grind coffee with a small grinder. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    You guys really aren't into alcohol that much. But a glass of wine or grape juice per day keeps the heart in good shape!
    Now, now, now. Don't lump us all together. I do enjoy my adult beverages.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel