Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbor's BOL

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    True. It's dangerous to live without a firearm. These are my 2 cents on the subject.
    Yes it is a very dangerous place.
    From a Psalm 23:4in Latin "non timebo mala", means "I will fear no evil."

A bit out of context. It is about putting one's faith in God. No matter what, we still have His guidance and protection.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The way I see it God gave us some rules and free will. We can follow those rules or not. We can trust in that guidance or not.

Everyone has their strengths and not-so-strengths... #1 wife has a great many very useful and need skills but she doesn't like guns... She can swing my Stevens Double 20 gage into the fray if need be, but chooses not to. It's her choice.

Her greatest skill however was in choosing a husband who can ride hard and shoot straight... One my main jobs is to stand in the way of those things that would bring harm or damage to my family. I do that in a number of ways, one of them is the proficient use of firearms. I have never had to use a firearm to defend against human interlopers. It is my sincere hope that it remains that way.

If she doesn't like guns or want to use them then that's here choice. Respect it. She seems to respect your choice to have and use them. Seems like the perfect world to me...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    A bit out of context. It is about putting one's faith in God. No matter what, we still have His guidance and protection.
    Yes, life is putting one's faith and their life in the hands of God. No matter what is exactly correct.

We are devout Christians deeply involved with our church and community. By involved, the food bank, altar guild, Bible study classes, the sewing group and more. No, I can't sew; however, I can reach all the shelves in the storage closet for the group.

Being a Christian is a deep and most precious part of our lives.

We are also christians here at my household. Also, both my family and my wife's family are all christians.
    Talking about firearms again, I needed to use mine yesterday, to kill a nasty venomous snake that showed up in my yard. After that I called the "green guys" as we call them (the police department that deal with dangerous wildlife situations) and they removed it. Here, it's not a crime to shoot your firearm when you do need it, and killing a dangerous animal at your property it's not considered hunting. I could have disposed of the carcass, but when the green guys collect it they gave it some destination, I know that they send it to unis and at some cases they even make anti-venon, when the carcass is fresh.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    We are also christians here at my household. Also, both my family and my wife's family are all christians.
    Talking about firearms again, I needed to use mine yesterday, to kill a nasty venomous snake that showed up in my yard. After that I called the "green guys" as we call them (the police department that deal with dangerous wildlife situations) and they removed it. Here, it's not a crime to shoot your firearm when you do need it, and killing a dangerous animal at your property it's not considered hunting. I could have disposed of the carcass, but when the green guys collect it they gave it some destination, I know that they send it to unis and at some cases they even make anti-venom, when the carcass is fresh.
    I apologize for not answering as I missed your post.

Is this your green guy: https://snakeradar.com/10-facts-abou...neatus-brazil/

Here we have:
    Eastern Diamondback rattlesnakes
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter...ck_rattlesnake
    Timber rattlesnakes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_rattlesnake
    Copperheads:
    https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/i...erhead-snakes/
    Cottonmouth water moccasin snakes:
    https://worldclasswildliferemoval.co...onmouth-snake/

So yes, we have a lot of poisonous snakes here. When we wander the forest, we wear snake boots.
    A
    Here, it is legal to hunt on their own land to hunt without a license; if it is in the legal season or if there is destruction of property. We both have hunting/fishing licenses; so we can also use Georgia's shooting ranges and fish.