Thread: Bear visit

Default Bear visit

At about 2:30 in the morning, we had a visitor making loud noises outside.

Bear visit.jpg

It was a bear who destroyed a storage box with not much in it. Unless it was the yellow and green container of Miracle Grow, I leaf feed the tomatoes etc. with. As it was about 300-350#, it didn't need to grow.

My wife let the Pitt Bulls out on the screen porch. They were bred to hunt bears or feral hogs and their genes kicked in. Bears fear dogs; so he left.

When we get company, we lock them in the bedroom because they are friendly; no, obnoxiously friendly. Same as any dog, they are territorial when there's a knock at the door or a noise outside.

I've had a coon raid the dog food barrel, armadillos digging up the yard, squirrels eating the figs and pecans, but ......... No, I've never had a bear come around to do anything... We're kinda in a bear free zone...

Alan

Alan, you just wait until the bears find out. That's how it starts. You set up a bear free zone, the next thing you know...nothing but bears.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

peeper bear.jpg

As he used to walk by the bedroom window; we nicknamed him the peeper bear.
    The bear population has grown so large; DNR doesn't trap and relocate them anymore.

One of the game wardens gave me a few rubber ball shells for a shotgun. IMO, the range way too close.