Thread: Mobile cooler

Default Mobile cooler

The misses needed a mobile cooler this past spring. This was used to hold flowers for the nieces wedding. As per coolbot instructions and videos, I took a 6x12 trailer and added the necessary insulation. With four inches of insulation, an 8,000 air conditioner and the coolbot it will maintain 35 degrees. Some hunters use these for game trailers. I could see it used for a natural disaster like a hurricane. Enough space for many households to keep their supplies that need refrigeration. I run it with a small 1850 inverter generator. It rarely comes out of quiet mode and sips gas or lp.
    89BA27EC-0E20-4C41-9ACC-D428C340A1F7.jpg

That's cool....

No, really... I like it. One of the main problems with being without electricity for a week or more is keeping food from spoiling, for at least long enough to eat it. AND, it's portable.

Alan

Great job and it works!!
    If there was a major power outage, it will save you $$!!

Alan R McDaniel Jr
    We live in the mountains where even a cabin on a dirt road is required to have underground utilities. Unfortunately, the power company's lines are above ground. After heavy rains and high winds, trees fall and the power goes out. We lost a lot of food a few times. Last year, we put in a whole house generator. Last January, we had a snow & ice storm and no power for 2 days. A couple of outages this summer.

Cool (pun intended) idea.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I can see that idea just bloomed to a finish product. Very nice.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Great idea
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Thanks.
    A few months ago I found a guy selling a 8x14 commercial truck cooler for cheap. It’s heavy duty, aluminum inside and out with insulation. According to the seller, it weighs around 1600 pounds. All I would need to do is install a air conditioner and a coolbot to make it operational. So, off I go with my trailer to get it. The seller loaded it with a big excavator. Because of the width it doesn’t fit on my trailer. I put a couple of railroad cross ties for it to sit on and ratchet strap it on. Down the road I go and luckily 🙏 make it home. Then it sat on my trailer due to its weight until I could get it off. My BIL wanted to jack it up and then pull the trailer out. I could see that tipping over and crushing me. Meanwhile I framed and prepared a pad. I finally rented a big fork lift and put it on the pad. Now to install the ac. Sometimes you bite off more than you should but you’re not going to let it beat you is how this has been.
    Last edited by rebel; 08-28-2022 at 02:38 PM.

I have lots of big ideas like that and I get lots of encouragement from #1 wife... NOT to do them any more...

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

And here I sit procrastinating the wrapping and insulation of a single water pipe.

I need to get that done!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

For myself, I just try to get the wife’s ideas done. Like a frugal problem solver. The problem is I ain’t thirty something.

cool
    Last edited by annliliana; 01-17-2023 at 09:35 AM.

I hope you are a Ukrainian and not a Russian that has invaded their country.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Somehow I am expecting Ukranian Spam......or is it Borscht? Either way....................
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hmmm...spam borscht. I haven't tried that yet.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by annliliana View Post
    cool
    Just quoted for posterity.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel