Thread: Idk

Default Idk

I went for a hike this morning and noticed a cypress tree with the bark scruffed up on one side. It starts about 3 feet high and goes to around 12 feet. 9ED25AD3-A13E-4240-AAF1-EB65F12BF599.jpg
    Y’all have any experience with this?

Beetles or bears.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm thinking bears or beetles. But that's just me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I will try to make it back there today for a better look at the disturbance of the tree and the surrounding area.

613A69B3-9894-4A18-96B3-F2A4A87138D2.jpg

I didn’t see any insect damage or beetles. The bark looks clawed. Time to move the game camera.

Where was it? Despite expert opinions that there are no permanent colonies of bears in Alabama, I've seen way to many trees used as scratching posts and itching posts throughout my life to believe it.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

South Georgia. On the edge of a swamp. A few days ago I heard some dogs back in there. I bet they had something up in the tree.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Careful Rebel, watch your back!

That might be a 16 foot gator standing on its tail marking its territory!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Tracks?

Alan

No tracks that I could see. The pines are dropping their needles and it’s been dry.

Weird markings on trees.....on the list.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Actually, that's pretty high for one of y'all's little black bears. Could that be lightning?. If seen some weird lightning strikes and the bolt gouges out tree trunks like ke that.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Anything is possible. About two feet from the cypress is a pine that is twice the height and no damage. Also, intersecting game trails at the bases. IDK

A couple years ago a bear was taken and it was over 400 lbs.