Thread: Ok call me a voyeur, as I have been watching this gal all morning

Default Ok call me a voyeur, as I have been watching this gal all morning

Came across today, and I have to admit, she is impressive and quite skilled in primitive shelter building, and I am not talking about making a teepee.
    What is most impressive is how many different high end shelters she made all by herself.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PrimitiveSurvivalLife/videos

The sad fact is that most of these folks that purport to be building these beautiful places in paradise have teams of helpers and heavy equipment to help them build these wonderful places. Ask yourself, how do you get crystal clear blue water in a mud built swimming pool? How do you get that off grid water flowing up hill for the water fall? Not gonna happen. It's all about the money and the views.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I only saw the ones where she was by herself cutting down trees and sawing, I guess it's possible she had help cutting down some of the trees, and even possible with some of the manual digging, but never-the-less, her actions indicate she knows what she is doing, and that is what impressed me.

Did you happen to see any of the videos on the top of the page where she made a cavern or above ground shack?

Btw, this seems no different then one of the videos you commented on where that guy made an entire home and pond making his own clay tiles. Guess if a girl does it people assume its just for show?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

There is now an entire industry of fake You-tube videos out there. Most of these "survival and building private paradise" vids come out of south east Asia.

When you really watch the videos you will see many intrusions if you know what to look for. Long straight cuts in the soil during the build indicating use of excavators, even excavator tracks on the ground and occasionally shots of the machines themselves behind the bushes.

Another is the use of timbers too big for one person to handle, and setting of those timbers plumb and stable.

And the use of materials that are unsuitable for construction. That is a big one! Mud brick and tiles will not hold up for a single season in areas where monsoons occur annually, or eve where normal rainfall is present. Also the use of "natural concrete" made from water and whatever dirt is around. In the construction world that is called "mud".

The incredibly blue water is a dead giveaway. No water in that part of the world is that blue!

As well as the fake videos there are also several channels offered by construction workers that never got paid for their work on these sites, showing how they helped fake the videos. Just do a You tube search for fake survival videos.

Most of them claim that about 10% of the work is actually done by the presenters, the finish work, and the other 90% is off camera done by work crews with machinery.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I don't know if it's all her or "made for youtube" stuff. I think it's possible. If she has food (calories) stored up or someone feeds her. Starting from scratch, I can tell you she'd be suckin' wind.
    But that was really not the question was it.
    Carry on.
    Last edited by madmax; 07-16-2022 at 03:16 PM.

I've dug enough post holes in all kinds of soil to know that nobody is going to chop into that clay to build a hole in the ground house. Then top it off with some conveniently mowed sod in the middle of some kind of park... All of that is really neat until it rains... When I was a kid we used to build shelter things out in the swamp. When it started raining we would haul it to the house...

But, it makes for an interesting video, especially the one with better looking chicks...

Alan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvk63LADbFc

The Dutch in old Amsterdam do it
    Not to mention the Finns
    Folks in Siam do it--
    Think of Siamese twins
    Some Argentines, without means, do it
    People say in Boston even beans do it

You have to be really old to know that song.

I don't care what sex they are. Money and views are universal. Interwebal even.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I don't have money or views. But what I do have is..................give me a minute.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I had no clue that there were numerous entities out there making faux youtube videos in Asia. Kind of ruined the enjoyment for me guys, like getting a spoiler for an upcoming movie.

I've dug enough post holes in all kinds of soil to know that nobody is going to chop into that clay to build a hole in the ground house.
    -alan said

I do know that from working in different parts of the USA and the world, that ground density, types of mud/soil exist that is easier to dig through, and of the videos that I saw of this gal, ( none were of the elaborate builds, I was only interested in the primitive ones) they all seemed feasible to have been done solely by her, but then again these were not gigantic builds, just shelters established in female hand made caverns, or above ground smaller shelters.

I am curious though, what is the point on making faux primitive shelter videos? Youtube is free so what do they get out of it? If fake they can't get sponsors. Regardless if these were done by one person or by a group of workers, their build concept seems viable.

The extent of my construction knowledge is plumbing, electrical work, roofing, flooring, tiles, and I have even built an extension to a house to create a working bathroom partly on stilts. Least of the videos I saw (can't comment on ones i did not view), these shelters were very well designed and built.

Either way, faux or real, I did enjoy watching this gal do her thing. (although the way she held the top of the wood with her hand while she cut horizontally made me cringe. Even at 1st if she was just mimicking a professional builder or being verbally informed what to do, it seems she eventually caught on and can do it herself. I am remembering a remake of a Bruce Lee movie with an actor that was not a martial artist but rather a gymnast that could physically do those jack knife and round house kicks as if he was a trained kung fu martial artist.

Edited:

just saw that video Rick thx and damn. This was the 1st primitive build i saw from someone from Asia, and other then her, will be the last one i take a peek at

"I am curious though, what is the point on making faux primitive shelter videos? Youtube is free so what do they get out of it? If fake they can't get sponsors. Regardless if these were done by one person or by a group of workers, their build concept seems viable."

Mac, where have you been for the past two decades?

This thing called You tube is a money making hustle that can pay big time!

After you get 4k subscribers and a couple of thousand hours of viewing you get "monetized" and You tube sends you a monthly check paying you for each view of your video.

It is a small bit for each hit, about $0.18 cents, but if you have thousands of views you can make a small fortune as a "content creator".

Those little adds that keep popping up at the bottom of the screen and the two commercials at the beginning and the ones scattered through the video, companies pay for those and if you cater to their demographic You Tube will share some of the take with you.

It does not matter if the video is fake or real, as long as people press the button and watch.

When you click on a video check the number of subscribers, then check the number of views on that video and do the math.

I follow a very talented guitar player that has 1.5 million subscribers and some of her songs have 3-4 million views.

Then there is Itchy Boots, 1.25 million subs. Just plug her into a you tube search and do some quick math on views of 500-600 viral videos and see how she can afford to ride a motorbike around the world.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-17-2022 at 07:34 PM.

And why some internet forums frown upon or strictly forbid promoting one's You Tube channel...

Alan

Yea, we have had members here that linked to their you tube channel in every post.

They are gone now. Baseball caps, sunglasses, BDU pants and all.

Kyratshooter, I pretty much have avoided the social online media my entire life. Never used Twitter or this thing people are talking about Tik TOk or however it is spelled - -don't post photos of food I eat (never did understand why people do that).

Yes I have viewed Youtube but mostly to watch how to videos / DIY or Music videos.

I have seen my brother glued to his cell phone, texting every few minutes, even his whereabouts are listed at all times somewhere on social media. Guess I am an old dog that wont learn new tricks.

Didn't realize people are getting paid by doing such.

Thx for the info guys, learn something every day...