Thread: New Job!

Default New Job!

Saw this today....

I was sitting at a long stoplight yesterday, minding my own business, patiently waiting for it to turn green even though there was no on-coming traffic. A carload of scruffy-bearded, young men shouting Anti-American slogans with a half-burned American Flag duct-taped on the trunk of their car and a "Remember George Floyd" slogan spray painted on the side was stopped next to me. Suddenly they yelled, "Defund the police." and took off before the light changed. Out of nowhere an 18-wheeler came speeding through the intersection and ran directly over their car, crushing it completely and killing everyone in it. For several minutes I sat in my car thinking to myself, "Man... that coulda been me!" So today, bright and early, I went out and got a job as a truck driver.

Lol. I hate anti-american americans.
    A certain female (?) basketball player comes to mind

And a female Soccer player, and a whole bunch of Football players......

Alan

Yea, sort a' makes you want to kneel down on one knee and raise a fist...right in the groin. You stand when the National Anthem is played, I don't care who you are. You can't pick the fruits of the tree and hate the tree. That's called hypocrisy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There are a lot of people in this country who are blind to the fact that their freedom to express themselves, however stupidly, annoyingly, dishonorably, or unpatriotically, that may be, with relative impunity, is, only because they have the great good fortune to live in this country. There are places where those expressions are met with ostracism, imprisonment, disappearance in the middle of the night, or a bullet on the spot. Oddly enough, it is those same people who demand the right to express themselves freely and without opposition if not total acceptance of their expression as absolute truth, that are perfectly alright with squelching opposing thought, speech or expression with any or all of the aforementioned means.

As a young man I never thought I would ever see or hear of any American taking offense at the sight of the Stars and Stripes or at hearing the National Anthem. But, then I saw Olympians raise a fist, and flags burned and trampled, and now outright seditious, treasonous speech from privileged wokies, to athletes, to members of the US Congress... I hope for the best but in my heart I know there is only one cure for this disease, and it may kill the patient...

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I hate to bring it up, but your memory is fading Alan.

We are about the same age, and we grew up in a country that sported groups like the Weathermen, Panthers, Red Brigade, SNIC and about a million antiwar protesters from coast to coast. Number one records played on the radio were protest songs, many of them very anti-American.

I was an advanced ROTC student and I often felt less than safe walking across campus in my uniform on training days. I was considered a traitor to my generation. I wore the uniform and had taken an oath to defend the Constitution. A document they considered outdated and raciest.

They still do!

Winston Churchill once said that if a person was not a liberal at 20 they had no heart, and if they were not a conservative at 40 they had no brain.

I don't worry so much about the big hearted kids that do not understand that most all their ideas have already been tried, and failed.

I worry about the brainless 40 year olds.

As our population has grown we simply see more of the brainless ones because there are now too many of them to ignore. They are the dangerous ones.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I suppose I was naive in many ways and I suppose for most of my young life I was around people who didn't protest, didn't burn flags, and were patriotic. Then like I said, I saw the things you mentioned... But even then, those things were far away. There were no anti-war protests or Black Panther marches where I lived. They probably wouldn't have lasted very long if there had been... There was one kid who lived down the block. He drove a VW Bug, had long hair, "Legalize Marijuana" bumper sticker. I don't know what he did or where he went during the day, but he was NEVER outside in the neighborhood and his Bug got egged regularly. One day he left and never came back. My view of the world outside of Morgan City, LA came through the TV, and then only if I happened to be heading out hunting or fishing going through the living room when the news was on. I drove to Franklin on my 18ht birthday to register for the draft. The thought of burning that card never entered my mind. I was kinda proud of it to tell the truth. It wasn't until I went off to college the first time that I met some of the more enlightened erudites. Still they had no effect on my political or patriotic philosophies. I was always an American first.

I didn't always like what was going on, or the people who were going on about it, but that flag and that anthem were Sacred, second only to God Almighty.

But, you're right, there was a lot going on. I never thought it would go this far.

Alan

When the system is set up around your wants and needs I guess you don't have much to protest about. The gov does love compliance!
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Archbishop Helder Cāmara

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman

When I was growing up, 60's, my parents were in the minority by not having kids until they were married 10 years. Thought they couldn't. Then whoops, dey it is. I came along. Dad was a marine through and through. I played army evertime I went outside. Then came the dreaded tweens and teenz. My idols became rock stars. Joined the Navy to get out if the house (long story) and by golly there were more people like Dad. I did a 180. I slowly settled into a very conservative stance. Git married. Proudly flew the flag. Voted. The years past and I'm an even stronger patriot.
    By the way, the definition of patriot has been corrupted. Definition: love of country.
    Now I've been in places that's a bad bad thing to be called.
    So be it.

My brother was a WWII baby. But mom was 35 when I came along. Can you say surprise? Try being a teenager when your mom is going through the change. There's a laugh a minute for you. No wonder dad left.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Whoa! That's a wild story, man. Glad you're doing okay after that scary experience. It's true life is unpredictable, and we never know what's gonna happen. Still, it's important to stay safe and make wise decisions. It's crucial to do your research when it comes to finding a new job. For instance, you can start with A GREAT SPAM SAMMICH. That way, you'll know what you're getting into and make an informed decision. So, before you make any moves, be sure to MAKE A SAMMICH. Good luck with your job search, bro!
    Last edited by Danushkan; 02-08-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Wow! Yeah! I like samwiches! Even unsolicited sandwiches are okay!
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Prepare for job interview is not easy task for me

Hey. Back to the OP's post, that's intense! It's important to take care of ourselves and make choices that prioritize our well-being. And speaking of fulfilling careers, have you ever considered becoming a veterinary assistant?