Thread: Murphys Law Damn I hate that Murphy- started my day with a kitchen flood

Default Murphys Law Damn I hate that Murphy- started my day with a kitchen flood

Murphy's Law Damn I hate that Murphy

starting my morning slightly after 6am to a small flood in the kitchen. Christmas Eve I walked into a flood but it was a broken U pipe, but this time the water was on opposite side of the kitchen, not near the sink. Hmm the only thing that water could come from is ... Oh !@#$

well it is after 9:30 am now, just finished 10 minutes ago emptying (you guessed it) my refrigerator and tossing all the food out. Luckily some items like jars of peppers, were not yet opened, and a few condiments were savaged (tested with ir thermometer). Luckily I have several coolers and a portable ice machine, so I will be fine until I can get a new frig delivered and remove this broken one.

It is funny, as what pisses me off the most is that last night I just made a large batch of Chinese egg drop soup, and it was the best batch that I have ever made. What keeps going through my head, 'couldn't this have happened AFTER I finished eating that soup..."

R.I.P.

update:

Well they said it would take at least a week to deliver the refrigerator, and an extra $90 for delivery and removal of old one, SO had them put it in my truck, got home and grabbed my dolly...Got it to the front steps...Pushed it up the stairs on its side (that was surely fun) and now I have a working frig. Using the one that died that I bought last year (13 months to be exact, 1 month past warranty) as an insect/mouse free storage area. Got to love the fact that refrigerators have an airtight seal.

Well time to pop an Aleve to resolve this new back pain, wonder how that happened...

Some say that pain is nothing more than weakness leaving your body. I say they are full of *&%$ and have never really experienced pain.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Crash I completely agree. Have broken my leg in a half circle, toes, fingers, nose, and ribs not to mention I have herniated and deteriorating discs, & had back surgery. Truth be told though, REAL PAIN was sciatica and after waiting too long for back surgery, Nerve damage. Sciatica was soo bad, that I was bed ridden for 3 months unable to stand, walk or sit for 3 months waiting for a surgery. If you combined all my broken bones and springs in my life it would still not equal the pain of Sciatica or Nerve damage pain.

I know of this gal that I met at the surgeons that had several kids. She called child birth a "Walk in the Park" compared to her sciatica pain.

BTW pain killers does nothin for sciatica nor nerve damage. Throw that Morphine down the Crapper as it wont touch it, although god ol' booze did indeed help that and something ~called gabapentin

Having to deal with bad back pain is honestly one of my worst fears. I inherited a bad back from my dad, who broke his back falling down the stairs once and had to get a bunch of metal put in. Sorry you had to deal with that.

I've had spinal problems my whole life. I was born with a sacrolumbar fusion. Somewhen around college I was hobbling around I my parents house and my mom said, "take an aspirin."

Being the college kid that I was, I knew better "Aw, Mom. It's a pinched nerve. Aspirin won't do anything."

Later, I figured that it wouldn't hurt anything so I took the aspirin. Within 15 minutes, the pain was gone.

Did I mention that mom went to nursing school?

Sometimes a pinched nerve is pinched by the tissue surrounding it where it comes out of the spine. The tissue is swollen because of an inflammation and aspirin is an anti-inflammatory drug.

I guess the worse pain I've ever had was a pinched nerve in my arm. It was pinched by a strained shoulder muscle and aspirin did absolutely no good. I put up with what felt like an electric jolt down my arm for exactly one month (it went away suddenly exactly 30 days after it started.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I had a pulsating electric shock going through my body once. It did not take long to let go of that electric fence. It's a long story but when you are holding one wire in one hand and one wire in the other, that rascal hurts.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Aye, I've known people who enjoy holding the posts of a dynamo and letting someone else crank as hard as they can. I'm not one of those people and I think it's because I got shocked so many times when I was a kid.

I was at a relative's drive-in and someone told me to turn off one of those huge pivoting fans. I touched it and then I woke up across the room. My arm ached for days
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I have discovered a new kind of pain. Plenty of experience in the broken bones department. Injections into my spine (nerve deadener) are new territory. I didn't pee the exam table but I sweat through my clothes and that paper they put down for some dumb reason. That was the "test run" to see if she is targeting the right nerves. It was. This month she will cut me open and burn some nerves back there to alleviate my pain. Keep your fingers crossed. I had to use a walker for the second time because of that electric shock zapping me for no reason. I hate that thing

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Back in 2018 I had a spinal stimulator implant done. If you have back pain and anyone offers you one take them up on it.

Best $150,000 I ever spent!

I had gone so far they could do nothing more for the back pain. Degenerative disk disease going progressively up the spine. It was working on T6, all the way up from L2, by the time they decided to do something. No more surgeries, No more injections. In my area the only people that seem able to get painkillers are the junkies. They have an unlimited supply.

So far the implant has worked very well. It does have limitations so I stay away from fridges and stairways.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Back in 2018 I had a spinal stimulator implant done.
    -Kyratshooter,

you probably already know this, but the battery life for some units are 5-10 years. When I was at the surgeon, there was another patient that had a truck landing & crushing his car (on top of it) with him in it, and after he needed one of those implants. He was at the surgeons due to the battery being dead.

The poor guy looked as if he was being tortured, the pain that he was in was evident.

So my point, do not wait until the battery is dead, there are some Fluke meters that may be able to see if there is a voltage reduction.

& sorry to hear that it came to that, but glad that it is working for you, no one should be in that kind of pain.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have it worked out. You turn me over and pull up my shirt, unfasten the cover and put in two more AA Energizers.

They keep going, and going, and going.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?