Thread: Foot Surgery

Default Foot Surgery

#1 wife has been having foot problems for some time now. The main culprit is arthritis, primarily in her right big toe joint in at the ball of her foot. Doc says he wants to fuse the joint. He said that joint replacement would not be good at that joint.

Has anyone had any experience with this procedure? Frankly, I think fusing the joint would be a mistake.

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am sure you are studying up on the procedure. I know nothing about it.

I have horrible bunions on both feet and after studying what they want to do for that I said "not until I can't take another step!"

These doctors go crazy when it comes to working on feet.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Whatever you and #1 decide, I hope she gets relief.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Get a second opinion. Always get a second opinion and good luck.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Aye. What Rick said.

Also, ironically, the best care I've gotten is from "low class" doctors that serve clients that can't afford to go anywhere else. "High class" doctors don't expect to hear, "how much will it cost me out of pocket?" and they're more likely to throw in a lot of unnecessary procedures.

If you go to a "high class doctors" get a second opinion from a "low class doctors."
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.