Thread: Hello, hello, hello....

Default Hello, hello, hello....

Is anybody out there, out there, out there?

Alan

Affirmative Mac, read you loud and clear. Been slow around here lately.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I check in every day. I though maybe folks had gasoline powered computers and they were saving money...

I worked outside till about 9:30 this morning. The sweltering had set in so I surrendered to the AC. Played with the grandkids inside. Good enough way to spend the day.

Alan

Alive and kicking, albeit not as high or hard as years gone by. I discovered that splitting oak when the temperature is 102 with a heat index well over 110 doesn't make it any easier than when it is cooler.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh, good heavens...102 with humidity over 110....on the list. And I thought 90 was horrible.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Alive and kicking, albeit not as high or hard as years gone by. I discovered that splitting oak when the temperature is 102 with a heat index well over 110 doesn't make it any easier than when it is cooler.

Well, you know what they say about firewood. "It warms you twice. Once when you cut it and once when you burn it." You probably built up quite a credit balance today!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, good heavens...102 with humidity over 110....on the list. And I thought 90 was horrible.
    I don't know what the temp today was. NOAA says it's 91 out there right now and that feels pleasant after today.... I came in from yard work at around 11 and I heard someone say they thought the AC wasn't working because it was hot in the house. Truly, it felt like it was freezing to me.... Thermostat read 76, not 96... Sometimes I don't know what to say, and sometimes I do but just don't say it... I did the latter today.

I stayed inside for about five min and knew the day was shot if I didn't get back outside... After a diesel run ($4.99 at Murphy's) I got a bit more done... I think... I don't remember much ... but I was dragging water hoses around and playing in sprinklers...

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 06-10-2022 at 08:04 AM.

If my thermostat ever reads 96, my house had better be on fire. God made air conditioning for a reason and He ALWAYS knows what He's doing.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Whoops,,, I hit the nine instead of the 7... should have been 76...

Alan

Well Alan, I may not personally play in sprinklers anymore, but I have no problem on a hot day just standing in one.

Btw Alan, Was that a Pink Floyd The Wall quote u made?

No, it was meant to be indicative of an echo....sorta...

Alan

I still drop in to see if anything new has been posted.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Archbishop Helder Cāmara

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman