Thread: Fishing in the heat

Default Fishing in the heat

Hadn't had the boat out in a while so I decided today was the day... Temps only in the mid 90s. Got to the lake about 12:30 and met some guys coming in. They asked if I wanted their leftover minnows. I really wasn't going to fish, just run the boat, but free minnows made the deal. Ran the boat for about fifteen min and stopped at a bridge to soak the minnows. Caught six nice crappie in about twenty min, which used up the minnows. So, we'll be getting by on fried Crappie tomorrow night... Got a couple of acorn squash ready in the garden so we may survive...

Alan

Mixed feelings on this. Our weather is mild for May in FL. My BIL asked if I wanted to go fishing. I have traditionally specific dates that I quit FL, head to the mountains, come back, and start camping and fishing after Halloween. So I passed. Probably should have gone. I just have the Smokies on my mind.

Only mid 90s?! I trust there is an air conditioner on that boat. Only mid 90s. That boy done went and got himself heat stroked.

The Crappie are easy to find down here in Summer. Look for cold deep water.

We're too much of homebodies to leave for a season... We've got one bunch of grandkids or another running in and out all the time so it's kinda like a change of scenery.

We do need to make some trips though. The Ozarks will sound pretty good about July or so...

Alan

AC on the boat is what we used to call a 4/90 in a car. But it was nice and cool in the shade of that bridge.

Alan

Yeah, see? Those crappie are in cold deep water 'cause they're smart. Not like some people that are above them in boats in mid 90s...but then, I digress.

One thing I've learned after a lifetime of fishing is that I'm not smarter than a fish.....

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    One thing I've learned after a lifetime of fishing is that I'm not smarter than a fish.....

Alan
    This very good... ) If you wait so long on a fishing, there is a problem for smart think...

Quote Originally Posted by LednertHurman View Post
    This very good... ) If you wait so long on a fishing, there is a problem for smart think...
    Kind of like a moderator wait so long on banning, ther is a problem for not too smart. Bu bye.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel