Thread: It finally came the 9 inch Miyabi SG2 Birchwood Damascus Chef knife

Default It finally came the 9 inch Miyabi SG2 Birchwood Damascus Chef knife

45 days to make -2 weeks for shipping from overseas, but it finally arrived at my door steps
    0426221508.jpg
    Last edited by Michael aka Mac; 04-26-2022 at 03:20 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

How odd! Amazon Prime says they are a stock production item and I can have one by end of the week.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    How odd! Amazon Prime says they are a stock production item and I can have one by end of the week.
    I want to thank you for posting that statement kyrashooter, as I was debating when i originally made this post to mention why i was waiting so long for this knife... Here is what I have learned from being a freelance reviewer and from personal experience

DO NOT buy a knife like this from Amazon EVER>...
    here is why:

When buying a high end Premium knife or cookware that have a Lifetime warranty to the original purchaser, it is crucial to buy it from an authorized reseller, else your life long warranty gets thrown down the crapper. Companies like All Clad, Made in , Shun, Zwilling JA Henckles (parent to Miyabi knives) all have Lifetime warranties to the original purchaser, and your Receipt is what starts the ball rolling. If it is not an authorized reseller though, that warranty becomes null and void as if it was bought used.

The other reason why I didn't buy from Amazon, is that companies like All Clad, & Made in, & Zwilling Cutlery have at times a batch of inperfect workmanship. That usually means a chip or a cracked tip that has been reshaped (changing its original form factor) and thus marked down by 25 %. The problem is that the product code laser etched into the knife is the same for both the imperfect knife, and the Stock knife.

Numerous Scammers online at Amazon take advantage of these imperfect knives and sell them on Amazon as the Perfect versions thus making an extra $100 bucks selling these imperfect knives as stock knives. They take advantage of the fact that the product code matches, and since it is not a knock off, and technically indistinguishable product info, the buyer is the one getting scammed.

Sadly, between the pandemic, battle in Ukraine, and the fact these these high end knives are not in local stores, and due to Zwilling being out of stock of my knife, I had wait the approx.~ 45 days for a new one to be made (that's how long it takes). Luckily Zwilling has an email feature that notifies you when an item you want is finally in stock.

It was worth the wait to have peace of mind that i wasn't gonna be scammed or lose out on the warranty. Reason why warranty is so important to me is due to the extreme hardness of these knives which gives them an amazing edge retention and sharpness, but also make them far more fragile then my Zwilling JA Henckels Pro and Four Star line Cutlery.

Edited:
    I should note that I think there is one authorized seller on Amazon for this knife but they offer 3 different knives from Miyabi and the biggest complaint is that they are sending the wrong knife to the customers ( as in you choose 1 of the 3 knives they sell and get one of the other 2 instead) and dealing with Zwilling Customer service is like dealing with the DMV or VA, it just aint worth the hassle
    Last edited by Michael aka Mac; 04-27-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Oh and i definitely suggest looking into Zwilling Ja Henckels Pro and Four Star line for a more affordable quality cutlery set
    Last edited by Michael aka Mac; 04-27-2022 at 11:05 AM.

I am not sure why, but I have tried several times since this original post to add more photos of this knife, but every time the upload to this site failed, weird, as I have been able to post other images here.

so to get a closer look of this knife see this link https://www.cutleryandmore.com/miyab...BoChOAQAvD_BwE

https://www.cutleryandmore.com/miyab...BoChOAQAvD_BwE