Thread: Milk it does a body good, what and it's the best form of hydration too?

Default Milk it does a body good, what and it's the best form of hydration too?

Well it wasn't until one year after a trip to the doctors that it was discovered that I just do not get that thirsty feeling, even though I should be. I wasn't at the doctors for dehydration but it came up on one of the tests.

I started asking questions which lead to more questions and me getting off my !@# and doing some researching on hydration. I learned that when you are dehydrated the best thing to rehydrate you happened to be milk. It turns out that milk can hydrate you up to 3 times more then water alone. This to me at the time was just mind boggling. The fat & protein along with the sodium and potassium takes longer to be absorbed then water does which allows you to hydrate more. I may not understand the ins and outs of this but i was nevertheless fascinated.

btw, the runner up was Gatorade, a little more then twice as effective then water is for hydrating.

The best sports drink I've found for hydration is Body Armor. I generally don't go for sports drinks. When I was working at King Soopers, a very dry environment, the floor manager told me about it and I tried it. I actually felt better.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.