+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WS website and your email has been down a majority of the time

Default WS website and your email has been down a majority of the time

are you guys doing website maintenance past week? neither my work, nor home nor cell phone IPs can access your website for like a majority of the day. All emails that I sent re this have also been Mailer demon returned.

The only other thing that comes to mind is gov't interference and frankly after reading the posts on this website that seems less likely

[QUOTE=Michael aka Mac;523354]...

The only other thing that comes to mind is gov't interference and frankly after reading the posts on this website that seems less likely[/QUOTE]

Why, we're not scary enough? Not plotting some insurrection? Just a bunch of old guys gumming spam.....

Alan

like I said Alan, lol totally unlikely. It was just weird had zero ability to log on now few days in a row at random times but only this website..anyway if you want to see something scary, see my ex in the morning if you forgot to make the morning's coffee... Now that is !@@#$ing scary. Run...Run Forest Run!

btw all kidding aside, it seems this place has a lot of good people in it, glad I finally got off my !@# and joined , thx for the hospitality.

Nothing down that I'm aware of.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

ok so now confirmed it is not your website, but the weirder thing is it is my IP that is getting a DoS when trying to email or post or view this website. It simply goes to blank page saying check firewall or internet connection, but only when i try to come here.. When i use a different IP address it connects.

Sorry to have bother u all bout this topic

gonna be hard to visit this site until i can find out wtf is going on.

well an update, seems that if I am logged in and writing a post by the time i am done writing and click to post I am no longer able to access this website, and the post never gets uploaded to site.

What I have been doing is opening up a word processor to write the post, then log in, and copy and paste the post into this forum, post it, then log out again. As long as I do not remain logged in I can access this site all day long, but again if I am logged in for more then a minute or 2 then I am locked out of this site for hours on end.

NO idea why it is like this on my end but least now I know how to deal with it and access this site

thx again for your feedback

If you take longer to write a post, the software does not recognize that as activity and automatically logs you out. You can continue the way you are, hit the go advanced button (all it does is recognize activity and gives you the opportunity to continue typing or write shorter posts/type faster.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When you log in there a box labeled Remember Me. Make certain you tick that box. It will set a cookie on your computer so you are not logged off. If you do NOT tick it you will be logged off after 10 minutes of inactivity. If you log in, do not tick that box then proceed to type a long post that is not considered activity. Changing pages or refreshing pages is seen as activity.

Crashdive, the problem I was having was that when the program timed out, it literally locked me out of any and all forum posts and main website. Trying to load or go to any page from wilderness-survival.net resulted in an error, check firewall, check router or connection. When this happens there is no way to log in or out or even visit the website and can take an hour or several hours before I can connect again. THis on the other hand does not happen if i copy and paste posts then log out immediately.

Thx Rick, I have been clicking the remember me but will try that additional info too that you supplied

+ Reply to Thread