Thread: Been visiting this site for a long time & thought it was time to finally join to help

Default Been visiting this site for a long time & thought it was time to finally join to help

I am a Freelance outdoor gear reviewer, Survival Blogger, and Backpacker with over 40 years of outdoor experience. I have lived in over 35 places in different cites across the USA from East to West coast and I have also travel to Mexico and solo traveled across Europe for over a month and a half.

My stepfather was a former Navy Officer, and a prepper and instinctively taught me what being a prepper entails. I personally had found being a Survivalist was more important and relevant to me then being a prepper and have focused decades now on knowledge for survival.

I do not focus only on one aspect of being a Survivalist but all non combat related survival tactics. Whether you are using primitive survival techniques or a minimalist, or whether you bring everything with you but the kitchen sink, I am here to answer any and all questions on Survival in the outdoors.

Hello. Glad somebody is finally here to answer my questions. I've been waiting fourteen years on this forum for somebody with all of the answers.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Always love a good sarcastic comeback, sadly you are going to have to wait another 14 years or more to find someone that has ALL the answers... But no worries, I have gotten that response from several different branches of military personnel over the years and it is never until we go head to head until I earn their respect.

Seeing is believing...

Our power went out last night at around 12:00. Didn't come back on til 4:30! Got down to 51 inside the house. I thought I was going to freeze until I got the fireplace stoked back up. #1 wife slept right through it. Poor girl, never knew how close she was to hypothermia... but, power came back on and there was coffee, so we all survived...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael aka Mac View Post
    Always love a good sarcastic comeback, sadly you are going to have to wait another 14 years or more to find someone that has ALL the answers... But no worries, I have gotten that response from several different branches of military personnel over the years and it is never until we go head to head until I earn their respect.

Seeing is believing...
    Good luck with that. Having spent over twenty years in the military you are far from earning anything from me yet.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well let me first say thank you for your sacrifice & devotion for our country.

Crashdive I wouldn't expect anything less. Both my father and stepfather, both grandfathers, and numerous other relatives were in the military. I was only briefly in the military due to multiple crushed discs in my back (non combat injury). Pretty much was raised to join the military, father teaching me hand to hand combat, grandfather teaching me how to shoot military style, all prior to joining.

Proving myself was a daily activity in my family, and I have learned that one needs to prove themselves to others to get their respect. Proof will be in the pudding, or the !@#$ on the shingle.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael aka Mac View Post
    I am here to answer any and all questions on Survival in the outdoors.
    Hey, it wasn't me that said this.............
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hi Mac,
    Welcome, I hope you are enjoying the forum. Please share some about your travels. Do you camp? Or rather, do you enjoying camping? I am curious, how do you define the word survivalist, based on the way that you choose to use it? I survive by working 40 to 60 hours a week at a job, then using the money that I earn to buy food and provide essentials for myself and my wife. How do you do that? Looking forward to hearing back from you. Be safe.

Dave