Thread: Winter Storm in Kansas, Oklahoma and north Texas.

Default Winter Storm in Kansas, Oklahoma and north Texas.

Checking on neighbors, making sure the county is aware of the impending winter storm. getting the ducks all lined up. I send out an email to my family (wife, two children, 9 grandchildren and their spouses) to check their car bags/get home bags. I usually also send them the latest notices from the National Weather Services. What are your typical "extra or last minute" preps before a winter storm.

We're expecting Thur- Sat lows around 25/26 and daytime highs of hig 40s low 50s. With the little bit of rain expected the roads may ice up a little but nothing like OK and NTX are going to get. I'll get a load of wood up under the porch tomorrow morning. We should be set for hunker down for a few days.

Alan

I'm in east Texas.i might see some ice on the roads and bridges,on Thursday.. I'm not sure about a possibility of a power outage thoe.even if I see one or both. I'm set for it . Especially seeing how last February taught me a vauable lesson. In which I've been buying winter preps since then.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

We got about 6 or 7 inches of snow. No ice, so everything good. Always good to work your planeastbound SH19 just leaving PV 03Feb22.jpg
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 02-05-2022 at 11:57 PM.

I am trying to attach that image in the right perspective but every time I attach it it ends up on it's side..... very irritating
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 02-06-2022 at 12:01 AM.

I didn't get any snow here.it only got cold.and frost on everything..
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.