Thread: Aspirin and COVID

Default Aspirin and COVID

I'm sure everyone has Google or the like, so you can search, read and draw your own conclusions.

In discussing covid with my SIL (Reg Nurse) , #1 wife was told that the use of one aspirin per day significantly lowers the risk of blood clots and subsequent stoke in patients post COVID. Likewise it lowers mortality rates in hospitalized patients and INHIBITS VIRUS REPLICATION....

Okay, there you have it, now do your homework. I'm going to get an aspirin....

Alan

I keep thinking about the old "Common Cold" remedy prescribed by doctors...

"Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"....

Alan

Aspirin is good for helping prevent clots, but the clots are from the shots, not the Rona.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's my understanding. There's something about aspirin that keeps the virus from attaching to the cell wall. It's not a substitute for the vaccine, though, because the virus is still active looking for an unprotected cell. The vaccine sets the body up to "kill" the virus.
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 01-20-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

The incidents of clots is actually lower in vaccinated people than in non-vaccinated people. Facebook's peer review process is not robust.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Archbishop Helder Cāmara

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman

I usually look up research on Google Scholar, which is a citation index. This time, my brother told me about the study.

I did just do a search though and the studies I came up with (they were all a year old) said that 1) aspirin has no effect on Covid mortality, and 2) Covid does reduce inflammation in Covid infection.

The last thing is good since a lot of damage caused by the Covid virus is from inflammations triggered by the virus.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I usually look up research on Google Scholar, which is a citation index. This time, my brother told me about this article.

I did just do a search though and the studies I came up with (they were all a year old) said that 1) aspirin has no effect on Covid mortality, and 2) Covid does reduce inflammation in Covid infection.

The last thing is good since a lot of damage caused by the Covid virus is from inflammations triggered by the virus.
    PubMed is also a good service for that. I use it even more often than GS. Highly recommend.
    Last edited by Marcelo Gruber; 02-01-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Yeah, PubMed's good. I usually gravitate to Google Scholar because most of the stuff I'm looking up isn't medical.

Aspirin is great for thinning the blood after this virus. So it is a must-have medicine during your recovery.