Thread: #1 wife.. I think she's losing her mind....

Default #1 wife.. I think she's losing her mind....

She comes in and says, "Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving do you want to just have a BLT for supper? You can have 5 pieces of bacon...?"

I just looked at her for a minute thinking it might be a trick..... I just said, "Yes, I would love that...." She said, "The bacon is kinda salty.." I said, "Yes, I would love that...."

Alan

Good man, Alan. You can never be too cautious. You never know what they are thinking. It might be a test. Then again, it might not be. There are two ways to deal with women, neither work so just agree. Failing that, be prepared to run. Or, in our case, shuffle.

About half way through the BLT I got to thinking I should have held out for more bacon...

Alan

It's always a conundrum. When the salesman agrees, you always wonder if you could have gotten more. It works that way in salary offers too. Just realize you can never have too much or too little bacon. Any at all is a good thing.

We are having steak. DW's sister who lives with us is allergic to fowl (turkey, chicken, etc.)
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Be careful Alan!!!

If she has been depriving you of bacon for an indefinite period of time, to keep you alive, and then suddenly offers you what she claims was previously killing you....

Think about that old boy!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Compared to what's coming up here in a little while, those measly slices of bacon aren't even going to show up on the scale...

Alan

I'm trying to figure out where the meter changes from pleasure to pain. Perhaps that last piece of pie...or cake. Hmm. Maybe that last piece of turkey after the cake did it. At some point it went from being "man this is so good" to "I think I'm going to die". Either way, I know I sure am grateful for all the things my Maker bestowed upon me this year and every year even though I will never be worthy. I'm thankful for all our vets that allow me to enjoy this day in peaceful celebration and not in oppression. I'm thankful that my family is healthy and happy and close enough to spend this day together. And I'm thankful for all of you that tend to brighten my day just a bit more than you probably know. Thanks.

Amen

Alan