Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Kyle Rittenhouse Self Defense trial

Tool & Die Maker

Default Thoughts on Kyle Rittenhouse Self Defense trial

One of the reason I was interested in this case is it took place 70 miles from home. He was found not guilty on all charges after killing 2 people and wounding
    another severely.

He needs some range time. But two outta three ain’t bad…

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 11-21-2021 at 02:42 PM.

I believe that the correct verdict was reached. I aslo believe that if he choosed to sue for libel and defamation (think Nick Sandman) that he will be a very wealthy young man. I also believe that the Assistant District Attorney should be sanctions/charged/whateve the legal action would be for what he did.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I believe that self defense is a natural right. Nature and her rights do not distinguish an 18th birthday. This case helped affirm 2a rights for those under 18. Furthermore, this case also demonstrates the need and legal ability to self defense beyond the home, including those under 18. I have seen castle doctrine prevail for minors many times, but this is the first case of minors using firearms for self defense beyond the home that I have seen victorious. Persons, regardless of age, should be able to defend themselves and provide for the welfare of their community. This man has done nothing but protect and value his town.

I would love to buy this man a beer, an extra mag, and a box of ammo, and hand him my national defense service medal.

The prosecutor...... give me 72 hours with no interruption. He will change his ways.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The prosecutor's performance reminds me of a jury time in CO. The lawyers on both sides were terrible. I thought each side presented the other's! The prosecutor in that trial did exactly that. Of course, he was doing what the "elected official" wanted, even if he knew he was wrong and tried to skew the prosecution's case. Either way, his performance was terrible!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I would comment on this but every time I comment on an issue of this type here on the forum it crashes my internet feed to the forum for the rest of the day. As soon as I press the button the screen goes blank.

Happens almost every time!

It makes me paranoid, just a little.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That is just plain weird. On more than one occasion I've been typing on the internet and had it go down. I just ease back and mosey out of the room. I'm not paranoid either but I'm not taking the duct tape off the computer camera lens. No way.

Solar flares...

Can you shoot those in a gun? A solar flare gun might come in handy.

I'm more concerned about Mark Z. or Jeff B. spying on me than I am the gumment. The gumment doesn't send me thousands of emails...

Alan

I can't wait for the lawsuits to hit. Would not mind being called for a jury.
    NRA Life Member since 1972. Distinguished High Power Rifle, Distinguished Smallbore Prone US Palma Teams & US Dewar Teams,(2) US Palma Trophy Individual Match wins, Centenary Trophy, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Conducted testing for US Army Test and Evaluation Command, Army Material Systems Analysis Activity and US Marine Corps. Army Sniper Rifle consultant. Test& evaluation of Small Arms, at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

He's very lucky to have had all of that exculpatory video evidence. If he'd kept a pistol out of sight, he could easily have avoided the entire mess.

Tool & Die Maker

The Kyle Rittenhouse verdict became quiet very quickly. I forgot about it myself. I need to google him see what going on

Quote Originally Posted by jim Glass View Post
    The Kyle Rittenhouse verdict became quiet very quickly. I forgot about it myself. I need to google him see what going on
    Here's the latest I could find.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Twitter.html

IMO sooner or later, someone is going to defend themselves or their property.

Funny how the authors of the article frame the subjects. Rittenhouse is "the accused killer" and the armed thugs that tried to chase him down and kill him were "protesters".
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by chiggersngrits View Post
    Funny how the authors of the article frame the subjects. Rittenhouse is "the accused killer" and the armed thugs that tried to chase him down and kill him were "protesters".
    Typical reaction from our biased agenda driven media.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    I believe that self defense is a natural right. Nature and her rights do not distinguish an 18th birthday. This case helped affirm 2a rights for those under 18. Furthermore, this case also demonstrates the need and legal ability to self defense beyond the home, including those under 18. I have seen castle doctrine prevail for minors many times, but this is the first case of minors using firearms for self defense beyond the home that I have seen victorious. Persons, regardless of age, should be able to defend themselves and provide for the welfare of their community. This man has done nothing but protect and value his town.

I would love to buy this man a beer, an extra mag, and a box of ammo, and hand him my national defense service medal.

The prosecutor...... give me 72 hours with no interruption. He will change his ways.
    Why would it take more than one second? Grab him by the whatsits and twist. He'll see the light instantly!

That's a great way to get shot..

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    That's a great way to get shot..

No worries. From what I understand, he has those tactical magazine swaps mastered.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

you've obviously never had anyone grab you by the jewels. You wont be doing anything.except cry for your mommy.