Thread: Dream Girl?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Dream Girl?

In spite of advanced age and better sense I have fallen in love with a little oriental girl in her mid twenties. No less, I have begun this admiration as a distance relationship on the computer.

She is a hard worker and very talented. A cunning engineer and able to accomplish things with only a machete that most American and especially European bushcrafters fail to do with tractors and machinery.

Her most amazing talent, and probably the most important one, is that she never nags, criticizes, expresses disgust over ones socks being on the floor or speaks negatively in any way. in fact, she seldom speaks at all, and then only to her little puppy.

On these long cold, blustery days I enjoy just sitting and watching her work. She is an amazing woman. A homesteader of excellence, reminding me of the values and hard work I saw from my mother and grandmothers.

https://youtu.be/XEIRx0zZphM
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-20-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

We are way too old to fight for her. We'd both wind up having to take breaks to catch our breath not to mention coffee breaks. I guess the only thing left to do is share her. That is one mighty big knife she is toting around so I'm going to leave all the dumb questions to you. Go ahead and ask her. I'll see how you fare then I'll decide if I have any questions I need to ask. Rest assured I will try to plug any holes she makes...unless she tells me not too. That's a big knife. Someone taught her well. I did cringe a bit when she used that chain saw though.

This is so different from the American/British/European run of the mill morons in camo hiding in a debris shelter testing everything they can stuff into an Altoids can while carrying a $500 Rambo knife we are used too.

Or the Brits that think they are "wild camping" if watching a parade without an umbrella.

I have been watching and making fun of some of the British bushcrafting channels where they can not walk the dog down the sidewalk without following "health and safety" standards. I watched Anna with that chain saw and thought; where are the steel toe boots, kelvar pants/gloves/jacket, crash helmet with sound suppressors?

It is almost refreshing to see a girl use a chain saw without spastic fear and using no more "safety gear" than skill and common sense. I could not pretend to count the number of truck loads of wood I have cut while in that condition and now modern "experts" tell me I will surely die if I try that.

When you go back to her early videos you can watch her build that bamboo house using nothing but that machete.

But no, I am not going to contact her, outside comments of a sane nature on her channel. I have grand daughters her age. Come to think about it, I might have known her grandparents, depending on the country she is in.

Never fear, even if they hold a grudge I was told that we all look the same to them!

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about. Mad skills.

I know we are far better off today than yesteryear. I can still see me standing in the back seat of dad's Pontiac with the metal dash and chrome nobs. The grade school playground covered in coal cinders and gravel. The open incinerator by the basketball court. No safety glasses, no ear plugs, no hard hats, stand back...no safety vest...say it ain't so! I wrestled a chain saw without a safety brake and lost. Things back then hurt. That's how you learned not to do it again. That's called experience. I have a lot of experience.

I like You Tubes in which the people making the videos don't talk.

She didn't just learn all that stuff. For some folks, the things we call "Bushcraft" are just ordinary life. You guys would have a tough time just staying out of her way much less keeping up with her. Not that I could.

Not only does she have a big knife but it appears to be plenty sharp too...

Alan

Over there at the water spout on the porch of the bamboo house she has a big flat rock she pulled out of the river. She puts that under the water flow and sharpens that knife on it every morning.

That blade is called a "barong" and it is one of the blades the Vietnamese and Laotians of the Highlands areas of SE Asia favor. They sharpen them about three different ways so each section of the blade has a different level of sharpness and a different grind angle.

That is how she can hack through 6" thick bamboo with it one minute, then choke up on the blade and clean a fish with the tip the next minute.

The section near the grip is like a froe, with almost no edge so she can baton with it, the middle has a hatchet edge for hacking, and the tip is sharpened almost razor sharp.

If shipping rates were not so high I would pack up my post hole diggers and send them to her. That circular tube shovel she uses for digging post holes is simple but not very efficient.

She is most talented. However, I have learned that fighting with emotions, there cannot be a winner. I'll leave you guys to be her champion. She is admirable, no doubt. But a woman that can turn a house into a home, a meal into warmth, and a heart of stone to moldable clay.... she is the woman I desire
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    . She is admirable, no doubt. But a woman that can turn a house into a home, a meal into warmth, and a heart of stone to moldable clay.... she is the woman I desire
    I had one of those once.

Love me forever, she said, walk beside me till the end of time!

Long story short, she ran off with the garbage man.

I have buried two and divorced one. Even the one and only good one I had I did not fully understand.

You can't out think them or predict their actions 10-or 20 years down the road Nate. In the words of the great Hawkeye: "they are a breed apart and make no sense."

This is why I vote for the phantasy girl with the big knife. I am no fool! Live life vicariously and let others absorb the bruising.

I am out of cutting range and don't have to worry about pi$$ing her off.

And I accept the fact that I am too old and tired to pretend to do in a week what she accomplishes before breakfast.

Ana is good, but Lily is pretty cool too.

Alan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMMfoWZUi7k

My one and only of going on 46 years now, is one of a kind. I'm a lucky guy that she has put up with me all these years. She doesn't make bamboo houses and sharpening knives is not one of her skills, but fortunately we love at least 10x better than we fight.

Alan

I'm glad that some of you found her and held on.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Kelly's my first and only bride. Over 40 years now.