Thread: Snowy hike

Default Snowy hike

I don't get out to the high mountains often. I figured you might like some photos of our hike yesterday.

IMG_20211118_113051825_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211118_114732040_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211118_123031791_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211118_153027642.jpg

The hike was along the lake at Clinton Gulch near Vale. We also stopped by the museum of mining in Leadville. It used to be a high school. They've done a good job with it as a 🖼️
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Those are some gorgeous pics! That building is beautiful. The old architecture seems to have so much more character than the modern day stuff. We have a modern judicial center across the street from our original courthouse. The courthouse wins hands down. It has so much character and beauty just like that old high school does.

I found out long ago that I am not a snow person. But I like to look at pictures of it, especially mountain pictures of snow. We went to Ruidoso one time skiing (found out I'm not much of a skier either. I could ski fine but the only way I knew to stop was to crash and burn) and nearly froze to death in that "dry cold".

Still, the pictures are great.

Alan

Looks like a great hike. Awesome pics.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you're ever in Leadville, the museum is. Well worth the $10 admission. They have mine corridors with rails and carts installed in some of the halls. They've put a lot of work into the exhibits.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

must have been a nice day
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Any day on the trails is a nice day.