Thread: Occupying the Winter

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Occupying the Winter

We have finally had a change of weather up here and the word has been passed finally that winter is near.

Cold air means that I am more confined to the domestic domain and the search for something to do is upon me.

I was cleaning up the spillage from the "knife crate" the other day and found some rustic blades I had forged back in my reenactment hey-day. Pioneer knives!

I also found an old tanto blade I bought from Smokey Mountain Knife Works a decade ago, and when I began the search for handle material I found the old stash of maple I had rescued from a kindling pile, a box of deer antler, and half a machete.

It is half a Tranantino from Brazil so it has good steel. I had cut it down from the 24" length to 14".

After all that I decided to emulate our esteemed knife making leader and make some micarta all by myself! I have made myself up a little press device, cut up every pair of blue jeans I had been saving for making sandbags for the range, and bought some epoxy.

Now if you guys do not hear from me for a while send the SAR unit out because I have glued myself to the workbench out in the shop and I can't get it out the door and around the house so passers by can see me.

They would probably just point and laugh come to think about it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I hope you don't seclude yourself too much. Been there. Done that. You add a lot to the forum and the members. Ya old fart.

Tony

Good luck with the build. Let me know if I can help.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel