Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glocks

Talking glocks

love me sum glock 19s them babies do the job like no other! yeebyeeb

I just built 3. Good luck here troll. Bait often?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

OK, I'll take the bait. It's been a long and boring day.

I have never cared for Glocks. Never could get used to them.

I can move from a 1911 to a S&W K frame to a Colt SSA with no problems but when I pick up a Glock it just don't feel right! Size of the grip, angle of the dangle, the lack of any real safety, Who knows?

They are great guns and all, just not for me.

It's not the plastic either, most all of my EDC guns, 'cept for three, are polly-framed. I get along with them just fine.

I figure it will be about another 10-15 years for me to get used to Glocks. They came out in the mid-1980s so another 10-15 is about right.

It took me from 1959 till 2015 to get comfortable with the AR15, and I had carried one of them while in the service. Never did like that rifle back then, really enjoy having them around now.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    OK, I'll take the bait. It's been a long and boring day.

I have never cared for Glocks. Never could get used to them.

I can move from a 1911 to a S&W K frame to a Colt SSA with no problems but when I pick up a Glock it just don't feel right! Size of the grip, angle of the dangle, the lack of any real safety, Who knows?

They are great guns and all, just not for me.

It's not the plastic either, most all of my EDC guns, 'cept for three, are polly-framed. I get along with them just fine.

I figure it will be about another 10-15 years for me to get used to Glocks. They came out in the mid-1980s so another 10-15 is about right.

It took me from 1959 till 2015 to get comfortable with the AR15, and I had carried one of them while in the service. Never did like that rifle back then, really enjoy having them around now.
    I agree kyrat. The grips on the glocks are too "square" for me. I shoot 2 or 3 rounds and have to regrip the gun. Yes, glocks are good guns. They just dont fit me🤷
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I've got a number of pistols and revolvers. When I'm at the ranch or general varmint patrol around the house I have my Glock 17. It goes bang 17 times wet or dry, clean or dusty, or all those things. The holster holds another 17 rnd mag so I can make plenty of noise it I ever have to. For whatever reasons I shoot it very well also. I have shot the head off of more than a few rattlesnakes, aiming of course and at ranges of ten to fifteen feet. A few more have succumbed to "a hail of bullets" at longer ranges. 9mm ammo used to be cheap and the Glock eats anything, Tula, Wolfe, Chinese, plus all the fancy brass ammo put out by Winchester, Remington, Federal, etc...

I'm not one to go out and burn through mag after mag to see if I can cause a jam. I just shoot when something needs being shot. I used to carry a Ruger Black Hawk 357 but these days I like the extra rounds. I've never had to use a firearm to dissuade a person from acting on their ill intent, but, it's there if need be.

Alan

I go to the range at least once a week. I have several Glocks and like them all. I practice with them and do the drills that I need to do along with the other firearms I have. I like them all. Haven't met one yet that I have not become comfortable with.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have a couple one or two but no Glocks. Guns to me are a lot like girls. They all got their own personalities. They all are a bit particular in what they like to eat and if you ain't careful they can hurt you. Now Glocks are kinda like ugly girls. I've seen no reason to pick up a Glock. There are so many pretty weapons out there it just seems "unnatural" somehow to pick up an ugly weapon by choice. Color me wrong if you choose but the 1911 is sexy. The Glock...well...there's a lot of adjectives we could toss out but sexy ain't one of 'em. The Glock would come to the dance with a 1911. The Glock would be the one with a great personality your friend would tell you about when he was going to carry the 1911.

I was out of line. Sorry.

Glocks are great guns. But I'm more in line with the majority here. Maybe it's because we cut out teeth on 1911's. Crash being the exception... and yeah. He can shoot. Don't piss his wife off either.

Anyways, I have not built a 1911. The poly platform is just so much easier. Milling steel or even aluminum requires more skills. Ask me how I know. I'm still pissed about that ruined AR lower.

If you do clone a Glock, don't buy the cheap *** trigger assemblies. That's the first thing you'll replace.

So there. My best positive input.

I am so proud of you. That was really good.

Knowing your taste for sarcasm... I'm just standing here with my pants down figgering out what to say.

I got my eyes closed but I was being honest. Tell me when your pants are up and don't come no closer.

I don't need pants to go out and bushcraft.

In fact...looking down...
    Last edited by madmax; 11-17-2021 at 12:16 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Hey! We know you Max! Loincloth and a tee shirt on your head are unacceptable no matter how far into the woods you run.

This ain't the Last of the Mohegans and you ain't Chingachgook!

Put your #%@$% pants back on!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Crap. Busted.

At least I wear a hong. Going hongless may be responsible for white nose bat syndrome, chronic wasting disease or any number of other problems with critters. I'll stop short of blaming Covid on him but it could be a possibility....those bats have sensitive dispositions. just sayin'. We ain't heard from Alan, either. He may have been permanently scarred.

See. Ya'll don't get it. Git cave diving certified and be free of the bat boger syndrome.. And you don't have to crawl in ****, rap skectchy anchors, or breath in fungi. Just swim around and enjoy.

Most of the time i don't know what you guys are talking about..... But, I'm guessing this is one time that might be a good thing...

Alan

None of the caves I've ever been in had enough water to dive in. If you had dived, it would have been painful what with all the rocks and such. One thing about it. You'd have gotten your money's worth. Hopefully, the ambulance would be free.

I went in a cave once in Missouri. One of the attractions was, the purported to be, largest pile of bat guano in the US (or maybe the world). There was a little stream river thing running all around it and then the guide showed us the "spring" on the outside of the mountain where the bat guano river ran out. I'm not sure anyone had to ask about the purity of the water. I have shied away from "spring drinking" ever since. There was also a pool Waaaaaayyyyyy down in the cave that had a small boat at the bottom of it. I guess it was a secret fishing hole...

Alan