Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ain't no herbal remedy!

They moved my surgery to thursday. I hear urologists are in short supply.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Pray for the man Randy. God needs to watch over him between now and then.

A couple of years back I was scheduled for a surgery, showed up, got prepped, pre-medicated and sedated. Then the doctor had a car wreck on the way to the hospital!

They called another doctor in to do the procedure but I still remember them trying to explain the substitution to we while I was zonked.

The place where I had my kidney stones done was operating like a Windy's drive through! People coming in the front, paperwork processed, taken to the prep area, clothes changed, IV in place and first nurse questioning you within 20 minutes. After the IV you were being sedated. They led me back to the work room and onto a table under the scope with all the goodies hanging from the walls and such. They asked me my name and next thing I know I'm waking up in the recovery area. I'm up and out of there in less than two hours.

They had several OR type rooms going at a time and the Doctor was going from one to the next as soon as he finished each patient. People coming in one door and going out the other. There must have been 50 people in there for the afternoon run, and they had already worked all morning.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Wait a minute....goodies hanging from the wall? I sure hope were talking medical equipment here.

Randy, this is no place for jokes. If that surgeon grins and asks if you're there for the reduction surgery just cancel things right there and reschedule. Take no chances.

The problem with Big Pharm is, yes, they have what we need, and then they stretch us over the barrel when we need it. I'm sure you've been fed the, "drugs are so expensive because of all the R&D and manufacturing costs required to get them out. Having gone through all but two quarters of a five year pharmacy curriculum before switching to my final career track, I can assure you that that is a lie. Many of the people that need expensive medications that cost a pittance to produce can't afford it. As Roman Sachs told congress, the pharmacy industry isn't there to cure people - they're there to make money.

For instance, there's plenty of research to show that blood cholesterol doesn't shorten the lives of most cardiac patients, yet, anticholesterol agents are one of the biggest selling classes of drugs. Cholesterol, on the other hand, is important for preventing Alzheimers. Doctors get their primary drug information from drug salesmen. Research articles are too much trouble. Therefore, they're generally about 20 years behind research. There are still doctors who believe that the treatment of choice for stomach ulcers is a protracted bland diet when a round of antibiotic is usually all that's needed because they're caused by a bacterial infection.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Sorry yall are struggling with stones, yeek. I work on a urology surgery floor and take of those who have these procedures. I can't even begin to comprehend the pain of stones.

In general to prevent them we should stay away from soda-pop, limit calcium intake to recommend daily values, and be sure you're drinking sufficient water daily. Not guaranteed, but reduces the risk and their size if they do occur. Of course, follow your docs advice. Not some guy on the webs!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Made it out of surgery. Had some trouble in recovery, my BP was hitting 200. The pain was incredible. They couldnt get it under control.it was to be out patient but they kept me in overnight . Now to get the stent out.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Congratulations, Randy. Was it a boy or a girl?

It was twins. According to the women I talk too, they would rather have more babies

Atta Boy, Randy, if one is good, two is gooder. Nope. One at a time is enough for me. I've passed some decent sized stone. Not big but intriguing(?). I am NOT passing the big boys. I will die of dehydration first. That's why God made all those kidney stone grabe 'em and crush em gizmo's. Where it gets fun is when you start to pass one but it gets stuck and then you have to wait until the next time you have to pee to get rid of it. That's a fun couple of hours too.