Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best survival gun and type?

Blog Entries

Can ya believe that its the year 2008 and a Law Enforcement Office still has a dot matrix printer!!! Man is my department cheap!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

That is pretty sad. Is your unit a 2 hp. with spoke wheels?
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Blog Entries

AKS, Call me.

Some people here need to comprehend that there are 2 different mindsets when it comes to guns,
    1) own a gun, know all about it, target shoot, go hunting.
    2) given a gun, sent someplace where people are shooting back at you, trying their damnedest to kill you.
    Two different worlds. Everyone would like to think that they would hold up under those circumstances. Some do, some don't. I know there are a few here that know what I'm talking about.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

why do so folks think that killing any thing not them is the path to salvation? If am alone or out numbered and see 5 guys with AK's I am not gonna be there long. when did killing people get so cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    why do so folks think that killing any thing not them is the path to salvation? If am alone or out numbered and see 5 guys with AK's I am not gonna be there long. when did killing people get so cool?
    It's NOT!That's part of what I was trying to get across!
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Sorry I posted a question geez. Then was told by another poster that he hates my post and that Im a inexperienced person. Oh well laters.
    Only the insane have the will to survive and only those who survive may truly judge what is sane.

Guns are very important in a true survival situation. If trained it will put more meat on the table than any trapper or fisherman consistently. Personally I'd opt for a Browning Buckmark with a 2x scope and a can if I could choose anything. You can easily store and transport copious amounts of 22lr. and you could feed yourself pretty well. With a can you can keep from startling other game as well and avoid attracting much attention.

If I could have 2 I'd take a Buckmark carbine and pistol, both with cans, a 3-9x on the carbine.

The Ak is a true engineering masterpiece. The ak74 is my favorite rifle. From a survival standpoint I think a smaller and quieter setup is preferable.

No expert with them, but I picked up a Chinese AK-47 a few years ago, new in the box. I'd shot SKSs before and found them adequate, for what they are. Noticed with the AK-47, I could hit what I was shooting at if I tapped three shots, but never with one shot. May have been the ammo I was using (Czech Military). This got me to wondering, so I set up a bench and sandbags and discovered that particular AK - with that particular ammo - gave me a pattern of approximately three feet at 30 yards - from a rest, using sandbags.

I'm sure there was some kind of glitch with this gun/ammo. And, they are very reliable. Never had a misfire. But with that kind of accuracy, I just haven't had much interest in them since.
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan

Well, if I ever run into a Chinese soldier shooting an AK-47 with Czech ammo from a bench on a sandbag that puppy is mine! I'm pretty sure I can take him.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, if I ever run into a Chinese soldier shooting an AK-47 with Czech ammo from a bench on a sandbag that puppy is mine! I'm pretty sure I can take him.
    You are quite possibly the only person in the world who would have thought to say that. It's what I admire about you, buddy.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Not another gun thread.

In a survival situation, whatever I can get my hands on. He ll, bb gun or whatever.

I think many watch too much tv. 5 guys shooting ak's, hoss, if you are not dead, you have a few angels on your shoulders.

And ya better get the he ll out of dodge, FAST!

Movie time.

I can tell ya that I've killed more rabbits with a stickbow than most have with a shotgun. Now, do I feel confident that I can take out a guy shooting at me with an ak, with my bow and arrow.

HE LL, NO. YOU FREAK'N CRAZY, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING, CAN I HAVE SOME?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    Sorry I posted a question geez. Then was told by another poster that he hates my post and that Im a inexperienced person. Oh well laters.
    Don't sweat it bro. Some people forget what it was like to be young. They think everyone should have the same experiences and ideals that they carry, and if not they try to shove them down your throat. Just live your life and let that crap roll off your back. A lot of people will snap and snarl at you for no reason, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't soak up some of the experience and wisdom here. Besides, if someone doesn't like the gun thread, they can simply not read it. Obviously, there was some interest for there to be multiple posts about not having any interest, right? Either that, or there might possibly be some control issues there somewhere.

"I don't want to talk about this so you can't either."

WTF ever.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

for gods sake i know more about firearms than 7/8s of u. So let me tell u, long after the ammo dries up ill be standin on a hill with my KABAR and javelin
    -Be Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan82 View Post
    for gods sake i know more about firearms than 7/8s of u. So let me tell u, long after the ammo dries up ill be standin on a hill with my KABAR and javelin
    wah wah wah. sure you do.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

I like Icecream.

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I like Icecream.
    lol.....what flavor, klkak?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    It's NOT!That's part of what I was trying to get across!
    that was my point as well

Ice cream is good.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

...with sprinkles, I don't care what flavor it is as long as I get sprinkles. Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.