Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best survival gun and type?

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I reckon if I'm ever in an urban survival situation and feel I need an automatic weapon I'll just shoot someone who has one with my old bolt action hunting rifle.

I dislike this kind of chat. I find it especially boring when folks talk about weapons they have never trained with.
    Yep, that Alaskan fella said it all again, too right klkak.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

No no I trained with the potatoe cannon for years, from ages 13 to 17 on and off and am fairly accurate with it. Other than that I agree.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I reckon if I'm ever in an urban survival situation and feel I need an automatic weapon I'll just shoot someone who has one with my old bolt action hunting rifle.

I dislike this kind of chat. I find it especially boring when folks talk about weapons they have never trained with.
    Lol a 22 vs AK in urban enviroment only in a ambush. But first rule of urban combat travel with 5 or more. Course your 22 can take five ppl Im sure all with aks.Reality check plz.

only problem w/ a potato gun is that if you use right guard as propellant they smell you be fore you can get a shot off......
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. Steven Wright (1955 - )

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. Douglas Adams

Now a potatoe gun owns all other weapons period.

I am one of the last people too claim "expert level" with something, but a potato gun...man, that is my bag, baby.

Primer/propellent/fuel source: Aquanet hairspray (this cannot be substituted)

Ignition/firing: charcoal grill electric ignition (push button type)

Barrel: PVC of the smallest diameter to facilitate a good seal with the projectile/spud

You may be wondering where I did my "formal education in potato projectiles". Fire department competitions. We used to have potato gun contests, one station versus another...purely for accuracy and distance. After a few years, we were putting an average, store bought spud into a 55 gallon drum from about 100-110 yards, frequently. We also would knock the empty 55 gal drum over, when we hit it, most of the time. I've got some pics of the "weapons" and they are being sent over.

In all seriousness, there is no way in HELL I would wanna get shot by one of those things.

Blog Entries

Angry Excuse me Mr. Bdog

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    Lol a 22 vs AK in urban environment only in a ambush. But first rule of urban combat travel with 5 or more. Course your 22 can take five ppl I'm sure all with AKS.Reality check plz.
    OK, Mr. Bdog. I did not say my "Old bolt action hunting rifle" was a .22!

Further more, I would not hesitate to say that I've probably killed more game with a .22lr then most people have with a centerfire.

Next; I am not a proponent of the "Spray and Pray" marksmanship program. One well placed shot from a .22lr is more deadly then a whole magazine full of 7.62x39.

Lastly; I did not say I could take out 5 AKS carrying urban Rambo's. I said "I reckon if I'm ever in an urban survival situation and feel I need an automatic weapon I'll just shoot someone who has one with my old bolt action hunting rifle".

As an afterthought. Until you have been on the delivery and receiving ends of a given weapons system you can not speak with authority or credibility on its merits whether good or bad.

Allow me to drop a quote.
    "What the hell was that?"
    "That is the AK-47 assault rifle. It makes a very distinctive sound when fired at you."

I only found that line slightly amusing. As less then 72 hours before I heard those words I had been on the receiving end of several AK-47's which I might add were hushed by a single .22 caliber rifle. a single GAU-5 fired 7 rounds and killed 6 "MEN". The 6 "MEN" fired almost 100 rounds.

I will say once more.

Last edited by klkak; 06-11-2008 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Changed to the word amusing
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Blog Entries

Whew! I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest.

Banned
    Blog Entries

klkak, are tour numbers down from the average of the last few years. The booking to go up to Knik Glacier...? Or is it to early to till....?

Motorhomes from America are rare sight here a bouts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    klkak, are tour numbers down from the average of the last few years. The booking to go up to Knik Glacier...? Or is it to early to till....?

Motorhomes from America are rare sight here a bouts.
    Our numbers are down. I'm hopeful it is just a slow start. The owners had to raise the prices because of the cost of fuel.

I too have seen a low number of motorhomes this year. I may have to get a 5 day a week job this winter if things don't pick up.

Klkak well damn you know me. Wow you know my age. If I have been in the military. What weapons I have fired. Your a little arrogant sorry and if you dont like this kind of chat move along plz or go post about someone else you dont know and tell them how unexperienced they are lol.
    Only the insane have the will to survive and only those who survive may truly judge what is sane.

Blog Entries

Get'n kinda violent in here... I'm gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

Default Mr. Bdog

Klkak well damn you know me. Wow you know my age. If I have been in the military. What weapons I have fired. Your a little arrogant sorry and if you don't like this kind of chat move along plz or go post about someone else you don't know and tell them how unexperienced they are lol.
    Don't forget who dogged who's post first. Oh and yes you are correct I am a little arrogant.

Originally Posted by Bdog
    Lol a 22 vs AK in urban environment only in a ambush. But first rule of urban combat travel with 5 or more. Course your 22 can take five ppl I'm sure all with AK's.Reality check plz.
    Now please go to the Introduction section and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself. Then we will all know what your experience level is.

Lol a 22 vs AK in urban enviroment only in a ambush. But first rule of urban combat travel with 5 or more. Course your 22 can take five ppl Im sure all with aks.Reality check plz.
    First, I hope klkak had a good reason for shooting the five people I was with and second, knowing him, I am pretty sure he could accomplish it with a .22

My favorite survival rifle would be klkak with his favorite rifle.
    You don't have to join PETA to survive in the woods, it just helps.
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Blog Entries

Bdog, ooooooooooooooohhh that's so urban of you being from Gastonia a city in Gaston County in North Carolina with a total population of 68,964, ya sound like another suburban wanna be thug, not saying ya are... just sounds that way. Come on Klkak is right, shooting guns doesn't have all that much to do with survival, most Anericans do not tote a friggn gun everywhere they go... so in a survival situation their not going to have one. But most male americans do carry a knife, in fact our records show that 3 of every 7 males in america carries a knife of some type, so if it had been a group of five people walking around with big azz rambo knives and he had said "I'd stick them with my EK hunter then we would have something to talk about. Plus most of the people on here asking questions about guns are minors (no Teot not talking bout you bro,) so we kinda steer clear of that with kids.
    AKS... anytime your in a city and five johnny butterbutts are walking with AK-47 its a good reason to shoot them, well in my book anyway.
    Just my opinions.
    P.S. I am pro gun and a member of the NRA and don't have a problem with gun topics on this forum but they do get kinda old.
    Last edited by Beo; 06-12-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Beo - Hey, bro. 2 of 3 of every 7? (gets calculated whirring.) Ah, look, man. You melted my calculator!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah and if we say "Survival in Nam" or "Survival in Desert Storm" or in any war, then its in my opinion a different kinda of survival. Not taking anything away from any vet being that I am a vet of the Army myself to me it just a different kinda of survival. I am talking about an accident such as plane crash, sinking boat, lost in the deep forests-mountains-or jungles-or a snow storm. And urban survival.... pfffffffft what a friggn joke and I won't even go there.

Blog Entries

My bad reading to many stat sheets with those tiny lil lines still in dot matrix print, I know my department is soooooooooooo cheap.
    Fixed it.

Just pickin' on you a bit.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    AKS... anytime your in a city and five johnny butterbutts are walking with AK-47 its a good reason to shoot them, well in my book anyway. [/COLOR]
    Just my opinions.
    Good point...only he said, "Course your 22 can take five ppl Im sure all with aks" That's me. Don't know why he said it. Maybe he doesn't like turtles.
    You don't have to join PETA to survive in the woods, it just helps.
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)