Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Gave Their All

Default Some Gave Their All

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

https://twitter.com/usmc

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

RIP warriors.

This did not have to happen. I am pissed beyond belief at this point.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

None of it had to happen. I have ruled out incompetence. It is deliberate.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...o_believe.html

Alan

Giving up Bagram was one of the most egregious acts of betrayal ever perpetrated on the American people. The loss of so much equipment and cash and the loss of such a strategic position between China and Iran may come to be regarded as America's worst military blunder. It is hard to fathom how far we have fell in 8 months.

I'd say wasting 20 years in Afghanistan was a bigger betrayal of the country than leaving. Saddling future generations with the cost of a war paid for by putting it on the national credit card is treasonous.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Archbishop Helder Cāmara

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman

Leaving isn't the issue. I think that most are in agreement that it was past due. The manner in which we left, is what is troublesome. Leaving hundreds (probably a lot more than that) Americans along with thousands that were promised they would be brought out for helping the United States is criminal. The links below are just a few of many that every American should be PO'd about.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...wnplay-crisis/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...us-guns-video/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...oe-biden-iran/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When we leave Americans behind (over 2 dozen are American school children), when every allied country condemns how the pullout was handled, when every retired senior military official condemns how the pullout was handled, something is seriously wrong. The technology that was left behind will be a windfall for Iran, China and Russia. Now Blinken is talking about economic assistance to the Taliban! It's as if we set up a kidnap scheme in reverse. We leave people behind and we want to pay the ransom. It makes no sense at all.

And remember, we went there to wipe out an enemy that planned and executed the 911 atrocities from Afghan soil. We stayed far longer than we should have but that was the reason we entered the country.

Well ****. One more person on my ignore list...

It's not the first time we did this. It's SOP for America. Remember T.E. Lawrence?

Phaedrus, some folks get rich off war.
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 09-02-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

A non sequitur response. The debate regarding our getting in is different from the debate regarding how long we stayed, just as the debate regarding how we left are all different.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We are given an either/or reason. Either we get out and everything that happened was bound to happen or we stayed and added more troops. That's called a strawman argument. It ignores all other options that were on the table, like a staged withdrawal. Like getting all our people out first. Like maintaining air superiority until WE were ready to withdraw. Like ... and the beat goes on...

Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 09-02-2021 at 09:19 PM. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Well ****. One more person on my ignore list...
    Yeah, the cuteness has worn off of that leftist crap.

Alan

Leftist/rightist...it doesn't really matter because we're not thinking with our brains, we're electing others to think for us.

You folks are acting like Biden did something stupid. He's far from stupid and he's not surprising me with his actions. They're consistent with his decisions throughout his career.

Crash, Biden has been in office the whole time we've been in Afghanistan and he's been a driving force the whole time. Why we left like we did is deeply meshed with how long we were there and why we were there to start with.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Leftist/rightist...it doesn't really matter because we're not thinking with our brains, we're electing others to think for us.

You folks are acting like Biden did something stupid. He's far from stupid and he's not surprising me with his actions. They're consistent with his decisions throughout his career.

Crash, Biden has been in office the whole time we've been in Afghanistan and he's been a driving force the whole time. Why we left like we did is deeply meshed with how long we were there and why we were there to start with.
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

I was in favor of leaving. The manor in which we left was either stupid or deliberate (time will tell).

Not removing US citizens, Afghan allies (translators, and people that worked for us), and equipment and weapons before shutting down bases while we had air superiority and then the final would be the troops was, as I said either stupid or deliberate.

He lied to the American people about the threat posed by al qaeda, he lied to the US citizens that were in country about the threat al qaeda posed. He tried to convince the Afghan President to lie to the world about the rapid threat that al qaeda posed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Where's the disagreement, Crash? I'm just not quite as uncertain about whether it was stupid or intended. And it's quite obvious time that Biden is lying, just like 95% of Congress is lying. And Fox is lying, and CNN is lying.

I've been watching these yahoos (throw Trump in there, too) since I was in college in the 70s - not the news, not the rhetoric - them.

So, y'see, I'm not a leftist or a rightist. I'm not a party follower of any kind. I don't like Biden and I certainly don't like Trump. I have a brain and I use it. And what I see is that the yahoos, all the yahoos, are going to destroy this country and it's exactly what they're trying to do.

I hate Biden.

I sorta got that feeling.