Thread: Hello , I am new here :)

Default Hello , I am new here :)

I joined here because i really needed an escape from my real world issues .
    This looks like a cool place to discuss about the things i like .
    I am from India and i am 36 .

I have a small job , other than that my life is mostly empty

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Imagine that!

People from all over the world go to India to find escape from their real world issues studying with the Brahmans, and you are coming here.

As for the small job and empty life...sorry about that! Almost everyone has a gap between reality and expectation.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Kyrat and I have no job but a very full life. We both sometimes wonder how we found the time to work. As for me, I have no expectations so whatever reality brings is pretty much better than my expectations, which are none. That could become circular so I'll stop there.

I have no job but I fill my days breaking or wearing out machinery to cut grass that I've fertilized and watered so it would grow so I can cut it again... One of the great mysteries of life that I'm going to ask some guru on top of a mountain in India someday. Sometimes I take large pieces of wood and reduce them to piles of sawdust and firewood. Once in a while I actually get something that solicits a "Hmm, that's nice, put it over there with the others." I also dig in the earth and cast hundreds of dollars of seeds into rows to obtain tens of dollars of vegetables. I also spend untold (and it shall remain UNTOLD) $$$$ producing handmade ammunition to punch random (completely random) holes in paper.......... Something I could easily accomplish with a $1 hole puncher from dollar store in my chair, in the air conditioned comfort of my home while looking at this site pretending to be looking at something important on this computer when #1 wife passes through and starts thinking up more things for me to do.....

Perhaps I should get a job....

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Perhaps I should get a job....

Stop! Thing back to those days behind the desk staring at some blank eyed teenager on the other side of the desk. Walking the halls and finding used gum tossed on the floor like that's what they do at home. I could go on. How many times did you say to yourself...."I'll be so glad when I can retire." Hmmm? Well, here we are. Pity the thought of getting a job. Been there done that. Never again.

You are correct oh wise one... Glad I didn't have to go all the way to an Indian mountain top for enlightenment. It was right here in Indiana all along....

Alan

Me too. They say the water is bad there. They really aren't gurus, they are just up there so they get the freshest water. I guess that makes them kinda smart.

If a guy can survive a glass of water dipped from the mouth of the Ganges, he will likely be immune to most diseases known to man.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 07-19-2021 at 03:21 PM.

But that's how you get to be immune to every disease known to modern man.

"If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger." Neitzsche (the man who collected consonants)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Apparently Neitzsche had never been injured really bad, survived a crippling disease or been kicked in the nads by an X-wife.

It was much easier to die back then.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I would have thought a much better saying would have been, If it doesn't kill you, avoid it like the plague so it doesn't get a second chance. But, that's just me.

Paravedi39 has evidently found our attempts, albeit formidable attempts, at humor lacking...

Humor is actually a wonderful survival tool. Laughing in the face of Death is much better than squealing like a little girl in fetal position as fate has its way with you...

Alan

Women is one thing but fate, yeah, that's a whole nother ball game. Letting fate have its way with you is not my idea of a wonderful evening. Night or day come to think of it. A biker gang would be a bad thing too. Oh, a prison cell block is probably not a good either. Not that I would know about either of those things.

Yep, sometimes the fickle finger of fate doesn't even bother to wear a glove...

Alan

Hi, I'm new too. Nice to meet u!