Thread: Just a quick introduction before I jump in.

Default Just a quick introduction before I jump in.

Hello, all. I found this place and it looked like a place I'll be able to learn about survival and preparedness. So, here I am.

About me: I do not want the end of the world as we know it to happen. I do not want to put my skills to the test. If I had my way nothing bad would happen and we'd all be able to continue living as we do today.

However, I do recognize that bad things can and do happen, especially after Katrina. My number 1 priority is keeping my family as safe and comfortable as I can, so I prepare and I keep an eye out for problems heading my way. I have a wife, one boy, one girl, and two big dogs who are worse than the kids when it comes to getting into things they should not. lol.

The biggest threat I see heading our way is an economic crash. But who knows? I could be wrong. Toward that end I've spent the last 3 years working 2 jobs and paying off all of our debt. At this point we're debt-free except for our mortgage. We're building up our savings account with the hope of selling our house, adding the money from equity to our savings, and purchasing a homestead in an area that has a lower cost of living, along with a lower cost to purchase a homestead. (hoping to make the purchase with a check rather than taking on another mortgage) My night job happens to be transferable, which means I can take my job with me when I move.

So, that's me in a nutshell. Good to be here. Hope to see you all on the boards.

Default hi

Hello... there is an intro forum, just to let you know.... more people might respond. But welcome to Wilderness Survival
    Strider
    I take paths untrodden...

Welcome to the forum. My brother has been researching the US economy and it dose seem to be going down hill, well it wouldn’t be the first time. If it dose crash theres some little villages in Alaska that are pretty independent, that’s probably were I’ll be.
    Last edited by owl_girl; 07-30-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Welcome mangyhyena
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Welcome to the forum!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry if I posted the intro in the wrong section. Thought this was the place to introduce yourself.

Default about that economy thing

Welcome to the forum mangyhyena

An economic crash, I mean a big time one..the NA economy (followed by most of the rest of the world because of trade dependence) is a real possibility and is viewed by some as the means by which some superpowers (I don't want to say who in case they're watching me LOL) would make war against the US, economic and Internet manipulation at the same time. What if someone created a virus that wiped out the NYSE? Or managed to infect the big 7 accounting firms systems all at one time? Or shut down the major transport companies? Unlikely, but not impossible. I think in that situation, having your bills paid or not isn't going to matter much. Chaos would ensue and the absolute essentials of survival skills will be of paramount importance. Anyway, hope for the best, prepare for the worst, right?

Go Wolfpack!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Default Hey man

Quote Originally Posted by mangyhyena View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry if I posted the intro in the wrong section. Thought this was the place to introduce yourself.
    You're here now, that's what matters!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

your in the right place no end of the worlders here , just us normal folks(and us canadians)

welcome to the wolfpack

Default wareagle

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    your in the right place no end of the worlders here , just us normal folks(and us canadians)

welcome to the wolfpack
    thanks for making that distinction, lol. High five.

Go wolfpack!