Thread: stolen trail cameras

Tool & Die Maker

Default stolen trail cameras

I had 2 trail cameras stolen in one night!!! This was in
    florida

Evil exists all around, regardless of the state it is in. Sorry for your troubles.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And you don't know it was Floridians. It's really sad, but that's just the state of the world today. People no longer have a sense of moral compass. Of course, what goes around comes around. But, that's no consolation to you since you have to buy new cameras.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Just get a camera cover that says "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY"

Alan

Now that right there is funny!!! If You have the serial numbers, you could report them to your DNR and local police. The police might (might) report them to pawn shops and if DNR happens upon trail cams they might check the serial numbers. I'm sure cameras get stolen and reported all the time. Just a thought.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I’m on trail camera number 3. None of them have been stolen but one decided to not work anymore. But I am also very careful of where I am placing them. I am out to capture trespasses. It’s a shame having to do it this way but one night in January of last year, I had a person dump a rackety boat on my land. The back the trailer to a tree, tied to the boat to a tree and drove off leaving the boat behind. I’ve caught several people driving up on the land before I blocked it off. And just last night I finally got a person served documents banning him from my land. He was driving his 4-wheeler in my creek and even used a chainsaw on a tree that fell across the creek for him to continue playing.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Some people are all about ME. They only care about themselves and not about the inconvenience or damage they do to others. I'll bet if that guy with the 4-wheeler got hurt on your land he'd be plenty quick to sue you too. Keep watching, I'll bet he comes back, papers or no papers. The good part is Karma is a...well, you know.

Exactly what I told the deputy when I first made a report. And it still took them a month before getting one out there to serve him. I had to drive by his house and tell them when he was home to serve him. Only took about 7-8 times before I got someone to actually do it. 😡

My neighbor has had problems with him playing in their creek as well. As far as I know, I’m the only one to have reported and get him served.

The creeks are in the form of a Y with my arm of the creek being closer to the trespasser than my neighbor’s arm. So he would go to my section before any other.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Tool & Die Maker

A friend in Florida told me about a cellular trail camera called Tactacam Reveal that cost $120 and $5 a month for 250 pictures a month. I can be anywhere and see what's going on out there. The camera is 12' above ground, locked and camouflaged. It takes excellent pictures. Finally one day I got a picture sent to me of a tresspasser. With the camera only a mile away I jumped on my mountain bike to investigate. Caught the guy, turned the guy was a biologist the land owner hired to plant certain vegetation, so we talked and became friends.

I can change the camera setup from anywhere even from my RV. The camera has a feature that will tell me where the camera is if stolen. As soon as the thief turns on the camera it sends me a map of where the camera is or was. Imagine walking up to his house and asking for my camera back? I'll bet I get it back.

Lots of trespassers in Florida plus all the homeless people. I made friends with another property owner near my leased property. He allows me to hog hunt so I keep an eye on his property and cleanup trash people dump off. I even put up KEEP OUT and No Trespassing signs for him. I hid a trail camera behind a No Trespassing sign and took pictures of Trespassers. The property owner lives near Detroit Michigan.

I also do road cleanup around my leased property, it's an Eagle Boyscout thing. I have stories to tell about that to