Thread: Off to Off the Grid...

Default Off to Off the Grid...

...for a couple of months tomorrow. Looking forward to the Smokies. Rain on the tin roof. Birds waking us up. Turkeys teasing the dogs. Berries galore. Nesting hummingbirds and tufted titmouse's. Canoeing whitewater. Mountainbiking. Fishing mountain streams for trout. Hiking. Shooting off our porch. Yeah. It'll suck.

Well, stay safe and enjoy.

No phone, no lights, no motor car... not a single lux-u-ry. Like Robinson Caruso, it's as primitive as can be! Have fun!

Alan

LOL. Well no elec. and no running water. And brother, you learn quickly to appreciate that shower, faucet, and toilet at home. That lake is COLD in the spring. We perfected the dab the important areas so as not to gross out the tourists when we go to town.

Have fun kids. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

[URL="http://Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.[/URL]

Actually, I've avoided having fun kids (or any other kind).

I learned to take baths in cold water early. The trick is to get the water on your hands, rub it onto your body, and dry it off. What's really cold is running water. It grabs your body heat and takes it right away.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

have a good one ahh vactions i remember those,
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

You're living the dream, brother.
    My wife and I talk about this a lot.

A rustic cabin on a plot of land. I would prefer it in the northern Rockies of Canada but the smoky mountains will do.

Well we had to return for various Drs, dentists, and vet appointments. The heat and humidity in FL is suffocating this time of year. The only break you get is in ac or on of the springs. And true to history, I've already heard from a krac that he's thinking about a camp. The heat doesn't break until around Halloween. I don't even want to go surfing after 9 am.

So we have 2 more appointments then we are hauling butt back to the mountains. I'll be wearing a dry suit on the river. Probably wearing that coat I leave up there in the mornings.

I cut a good bit of firewood this summer. It'll be good to get back to wearing eau de smoke.

Have fun. Safe travels.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks man. We found a Laquinta Inn that is right about halfway and they accept dogs. Makes the trip a lot more stress free.