Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to buy a car

Default I want to buy a car

Hi! I want to buy a car to go fishing. Which model to choose, which one is better? Is it worth buying a used car?

Well Loyal, a couple of things pop into my mind. One - I don't know what the car market is like in Ukraine. Two - I question if you are old enough to drive....but again I do not know about the driving laws in Ukraine. Three - is there nothing within walking or bike riding to Novyy Buh? Four - when fishing it is critical to use the correct bait. One bait that will get you absolutely nowhere is SPAM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Our local P.D. has some bait cars. Those sound perfect.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I see what you did there. Niiiiiiice.

I wish I had thought of that.

I always wonder what the motive of these spammers are. Was he planning on offering us a good deal on a soviet era fishing car?

I figure it's the cyber-version of "Hello. Is your refrigerator running?"
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Or.....................I'd like to talk to you abour your car's warranty.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, it's about to expire...

Alan

LOL. I love that one. I haven't had a car since 2014.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I bought myself a used pickup truck for a fishing trip. Of course, not God knows what kind of treasure, but capacious. I even made room in it for a portable Generator. The thing is powerful and very useful if you go out for a few days. I use flashlights that require recharging. And if the rain has passed and the wood is wet, then you can cook food on the electric oven.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-16-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Removed link

I bought a Snickers bar yesterday and there was a note inside that said, "We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty." I was like, "What?!"

Depends on how far you need to go. I have Chevrolet Tahoe in a garage of my property in Spain here and it is amazing! Very comfortable inside, big storage space and can go off road easily. You can buy second hand, this car is very reliable
    Last edited by Anieter; 04-01-2021 at 04:24 AM.
    Hi

There are a lot of different factors to consider when choosing a car to buy, and it really depends on your specific needs and preferences.

Factors I consider when considering the purchase of a vehicle is, 1. Do I have to pay for it?2. How much does it cost? If the answer to #1 is "no" then I don't care about #2. That hasn't happened in a long time, ... well, never actually...

All my cars are Trucks, one is a tractor, one 4wheeler that doesn't run right, and the rest are lawn mowers. .... #1 wife drives cars.... one at a time of course...

Then I have some cars that are boats... They are good for fishing... but they require a truck to pull the boat car to the water to fish...

It all seems really complicated...

Alan

Me neither. I have never had anyone buy me a car. Not a car, car or a car, truck or a car, boat. My first car cost $25. It didn't have a starter or brakes. There is some weird, philosophical justice about that I suppose. In any case, I spent everything I had rebuilding the master cylinder on the blasted thing. Still didn't have a starter but at least it would stop. That inline 6 was easy to start fortunately. It didn't have to roll much forward or back to get it started. I sold it that way for $45 bucks. I think the brake lines were holding it together. You could see the road through the floor boards. Ah, Memories. The next one cost me $125. It had been sideswiped. A whole 'nother story. Both were short lived. I didn't date much in either one. There is probably some weird, philosophical justice about that, too, I suppose. Girls don't seem to like seeing the road buzz by below them. No sense of adventure.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh, those were the days... Watching the asphalt slip by beneath you, knowing that slamming on the brakes was going to put you in Fred Flintstone braking mode.... I didn't have enough money for fancy addons like real tires, I bought retreads.

Alan

This is actually in much, much better shape than the one I bought but this is it. '52 Chevy woody. Mine was colored rust accented in rust. Both front fenders flapped going down the road. I swear if it would have run fast enough I could have gotten it airborne. You could sit inside that engine compartment. I know, because I did as I rebuilt the master cylinder. It was also a great place to store your six pack on a cool night. Don't ask me how I know.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My first car wasn't that old, when I got it.... but, it aged rapidly... 65 Pontiac LeMans 2 door, with a 3 speed Hurst. Rust was the thing back in those days... It was everywhere. I can smell Bondo dust just thinking about it. That LeMans had a very spacious rear interior.

One year, my dad insisted that I come home for Christmas... they were in CT and I was in LA... He sent me air fare. I parked at the Shreveport airport and was gone for two weeks. It must have rained buckets while I was gone. I had the entirety of my worldly possessions in the trunk and the seal leaked. The trunk was full of water. The rear of the car was almost on the pavement. Most of it was a total loss. I refinished my shotgun and that was about it... Oh well... after that was when the floorboards started rusting out.

Alan

Well, see, the floorboard in the trunk should have rusted out before the trunk flooded. Then all the water would have leaked out. Y' gotta do things in sequence.

My first car was a Dodge Dart with a slant 6 engine. I couldn't kill it. It was the first car I owned and the last one I could actually work on.

It finally died a natural death during a snow storm a mile from home. I wasn't dressed for a hike in a snow storm.