Thread: Who's been saltwater fly fishing?

Default Who's been saltwater fly fishing?

52 hours fishing in the last 6 days and 2 bones on the bedpost. Other species aswell but nothing like a sightfished bone smashing the fly. The monsters still allure me. I Will Be back.

Saltwater fishing in the heart of India? Well I'll be dipped. Dipnetted I say there, son. Dipnetted as in fishing.

I'd imagine the water gets pretty salty every morning in India. Plenty of flies aswell and other species....

Alan

i would like to do it
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-02-2021 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

Shouldn't be that difficult. The Mediterranean isn't that far from Algeria. Seriously, you can't be more than a few kilometers away, right?

Saltwater Flyfishing. You have to cheat no matter what country you're in.

My favorite kind of fishing in the world! don't get to do it as much in the last few years, had to move to Oklahoma for work and can't find any saltwater here.

Hmmm...what about "brackish water fly fishing". They probably salt the roads in the winter. "Run-off fly fishing".

If you were in the Denver area, I could recommend a restaurant with salt crusted fried fish...
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Many anglers have tried their hand at fly fishing in saltwater at some point.

Have you? Being in France and close to Paris, I'm wondering if you have tried it. Spam is often good bait for salt water fishing.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry, had to take out the trash early today.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, since there were four posts that it was going to come back and edit, I figured I'd get in the holiday spirit and give the gift of "go away, and don't come back".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I actually laughed out loud at that. That was pretty good.