Thread: Hello from Oklahoma

Default Hello from Oklahoma

Hello all, I hope everyone is nearly ready for the Holidays. I guess I'll get right into it. I'm a 66-year-old male living in Oklahoma City, Ok. A widower who is living with my daughter, or is she living with me, who cares! We are happy and don't get in each other's way. I retired from the US Navy a few years ago then found a second career as a corporate trainer. It just doesn't get better than that. I got paid to stand up and talk. I started hunting when I was a little tike. I was 10 when I got a BB gun for Christmas and the sparrows weren't safe after that. Any time I came home to my Mom's farm I always spent time looking for squirrels and rabbits. I still have my stepdad's double-barrel 16ga in my safe. It was always my favorite when I hit the fields when I was home.
    When I was in the navy I kept current with the 1911. It seemed that my departments were always behind the times with regards to pistols. I never fired a Beretta until I bought my 90-TWO. I think I'm probably one of a few that really like the Baretta 90-TWO and also one chambered in 40SW. However, I also carry an RIA 1911 in 45 ACP. When I worked for the state of Texas, I had to qualify on a 38 caliber wheel gun and never really cared for it. My wife was also in the US Navy and we wound up in Oklahoma City we bought a house and I swore I wasn't going to move again, I haven't! About 20 years ago I was introduced to Black Powder and I enjoy going out during the "Primitive" firearm season hunting deer. There is just something about going out in the woods with a primitive weapon and calling in dinner.
    I have a friend that now introduced me to trapping and I'm really looking forward to adding a new skill set to my resume. Hence, my joining this forum. My bud has family property East of Oklahoma City that has been in his family since the Oklahoma Land Run. He is excited about the prospects of trapping and his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. He is interested in the steel traps and I'm interested in the use of snares. Besides, if I can help him add a bit to his income by selling pelts, it is a win-win. Anyway, I'm rambling so I will post this and start doing some reading, lots and lots of reading. Stay safe and well.

Jerry

Welcome aboard Shipmate.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home and thank you for your service.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the FORUM, I'm wondering having served in the U.S, Navy and lived in TEXAS are you in the Texas ADMIRAL Organisation. It's no JOKE and you can look them up online. I'm also one of the few fans of the SF92-Beratia, enjoy the action when firing. Don't know much about traps, other than if you trap and kill anything in the trap you will almost have to replace it if a creature dies in the trap. Today I carry and always have two Glocks and a folding knife. The Glocks are both calibers and I've carried so long as my father was a big gun nut. I do not collect them as many seem to do and I don't collect knives but found I have about 30-folding CASE, Uncle Henry, Bucks, and others. You may enjoy taking and working on this Forums Survival Quiz. Then just ask if you have a question.
    The Wilderness for myself has always been a place, I can escape to and discover my stronger self. A true builder of self-confidence and skills, I never knew we're possible within me to achieve. A tough taskmaster breakdown my self-limits and barriers. I have overcome and found my inner self, leaving behind only the old skin, blood, and sweat, having won a newer stronger self. The Wilderness shows me a better reflection of myself.
    by Dogman.