Thread: Quarantine = homemade suppressor

Default Quarantine = homemade suppressor

Hi folks. Went down a rabbit hole, and doing a homemade suppressor for a 300BLK AR-15. Has anybody done a build like this? I'm looking for answers to questions on submitting paperwork on this ATF dashboard.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 12-09-2020 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Remove link

You tube is your friend. There is a vid I used to step by step fill in the form 1's. Pull up the vid on the TV. Fill out the form on the computer. Pause in between typing in the info. Easy peasy.

FYI. Good luck finding 300BLK in subsonic. I've been trying for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    You tube is your friend. There is a vid I used to step by step fill in the form 1's. Pull up the vid on the TV. Fill out the form on the computer. Pause in between typing in the info. Easy peasy.

FYI. Good luck finding 300BLK in subsonic. I've been trying for a while.
    Max, did you do a trust or individual? I have a Silencerco Chimera on order. I just paid for it last weekend. So, it isn't in yet. But, wonder if I should do a trust so my kids keep the stuff I have. It looks like I am going to have too form 1 my AR pistols as SBR's. I probably have watched the same exact video you did. Just haven't started the form because of that question. I also plan on getting at least one more pistol oriented silencer in short order. Plus I want to have do a couple of "homemade" ones.

I did an individual simply because I have no one that would possibly want a silencer in my family or my wife's. I told my wife to throw them in the Withlacootchee if I die first. Or throw away the cones and "repurpose" the tube for something artsy fartsy like she does. I have a good friend in G-ville that did all of his as a trust because he has a son that is an avid shooter. In that case I would do a trust.
    I'm still undecided about my pistols. If they do like they say and give us a freebee tax stamp I might change them to sbr's. There's a lot of gray area (as usual) with the BATFE in that mud pie. They might wind up piling so much stuff to chase down that they'll just end up chasing their tails.
    I'm trying not to think about paying 200 for a silencer tax stamp and 200 for a SBR tax stamp on one pistol. Kinda gets me steamed up.

I found out that if you file as an individual and file a form 5 https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...53205/download and have a will leaving the NFA item to your heir. They can transfer it into their name for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    I found out that if you file as an individual and file a form 5 https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...53205/download and have a will leaving the NFA item to your heir. They can transfer it into their name for free.
    I wound up using this written guide for the form 1, stamp processing, fingers crossed https://thegunstudy.com/how-to/how-t...ng-atf-form-1/