Thread: Been Gone For A Long While

Blog Entries

Default Been Gone For A Long While

Hey All,
    Just stopping in to say hello as I've been off here for a good bit.
    Hope y'all are doin good.
    I'll be back on here now for a good bit hoping to talk with everyone.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Welcome back. Good to see you. Hope all is well with you.

Blog Entries

Everything is going great, how have you been Rick? Hope you're doing well too.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Doing Good. Are you still in the great white north?

Hello brother, been a long time.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Welcome back!

Blog Entries

Yes I'm still in the north, gotta year till I retire then it's off grid living i go.

Blog Entries

Nell!!!
    What is up little sister.
    How have you been

It has been a roller coaster for me. Got divorced (yay) met a wonderful man and we were together 8 years, when he passed away after heart surgery two months before our wedding. That was November of 2018. Just biding my time, My father passed away this morning, but that's no skin off my back. He took that when I was a kid

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

My condolences, Nell. I'm sorry for your loss.

Blog Entries

I'm so sorry for your loss lil sis, I got divorced too, last year got remarried and that's going great. Been working my butt off setting up my retirement, I'll retire at 56 years old. Looking at land and a house just outside of Stephenville, TX. About 25 acres and nice house, I'd be like 45 minutes to the nearest town and about 30 minutes to groceries but I'll hunt and fish for meat and the garden will be big. That's my plan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss lil sis, I got divorced too, last year got remarried and that's going great. Been working my butt off setting up my retirement, I'll retire at 56 years old. Looking at land and a house just outside of Stephenville, TX. About 25 acres and nice house, I'd be like 45 minutes to the nearest town and about 30 minutes to groceries but I'll hunt and fish for meat and the garden will be big. That's my plan anyway.
    Sounds like an awesome plan big brother.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

As far as my father passing away, I have no feelings one way or another, no sadness, no tears, no grief whatsoever. When I said it was no skin off my back because he took that when I was a kid, I mean that literally. He was abusive to half his ten living children and I was one of those. I haven't spoken to him since my mother's funeral in 2003, when I ran him out of the church for throwing a fit over where she was going to be buried.

He put a pistol to my temple more times than I care to remember as a teen. You never knew what was going to set him off, and when he was angry he took that out on us regardless of what set him off. He never worked from the time I was in kindergarten until after mom passed. He was born with toxoplasmosis in his eyes, and has been on disability since, but once she passed away he went to work for the IDNR, got his drivers license, something he'd never had before (they were divorced after 35 yrs of marriage, after we older kids moved mom and my two youngest brothers out because we found out he was beating them also. They had been married since she was 14 and he threatened to kill her and us if she divorced him or turned him in for beating one of us.) he went to work for the IDNR, bought a brand new truck and got his drivers license, she had chauffeured him around since she was 16.
    I really appreciate your kind words, you guys never disappoint.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Nell,
    I know part of that pain. My father was physically abusive also. Glad you are here. Prayers. sorry for the loss of your sweetheart.

Thank you DS

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Nell, a belated condolences on the loss of your partner. So sad, on top of everything else, so unfair.
    I am heartsick about what you had to endure growing up, quite a heavy burden to carry and try to not let it affect you in some way.

BEE, thank you. Sadly this is much more common than most folks care to think about. And there is always the one who questions why didn't she just leave. She tried, and he threatened to kill her and all of us. The ones he beat were never allowed to go anywhere with her until the wounds had healed, when we did go anywhere, church, or school, we wore long sleeves and long pants or skirts to hide any marks left.
    She took picture of my and my brothers backs once and took it to the Welfare office, hoping to get some kind of help getting us out of the house, or at least have him arrested until she could move us to another location where he couldn't find us. There was no help for her unless she filed for divorce, which she had tried just to have the lives of her kids threatened.
    Had ONE person outside of our home turned him in, then they would have gotten the police involved and he would have been arrested, but no one would. Now days, anyone can whisper that someone is mistreating kids or another adult even in the same house and the reaction is quick, BUT many times the offender is released back into the situation and it takes multiple arrests before they face consequences. The child(ren) may be removed from the house, but again be returned quickly to the situation multiple time before a foster home is available to place them.
    My son and daughter-in-law faster three siblings whose mother would skip from man to man, they called everyone of them daddy and two of them abused the kids. DIL works for DFS (the welfare office) she sees a lot of little kids in need but not enough foster homes to save these kids. If I had another bedroom at my current location I too would be fostering a couple of kids in need.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Welcome back Beo.

So sorry for your troubles Nell.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel