Thread: Loving The Outdoors!

Default Loving The Outdoors!

im going to try again lol
    I spent half of my childhood up on the mountain. No electric, phone or running water. It was the family ranch. The log cabin that my great great grandpa built is still there. My great granparents lived in it as well. My Grandma and her siblings were raised there as well as my dad and his siblings. We alwys visited everyweekend. From the thaw to the first big snow, we were there everyweekend. My great grandmother was an Apache, she didnt speak any english. We would ride our bikes up river and she would have fresh milk with cocoa ready for us! This is probaly where my love for the outdoors began.
    My kids are older. My youngest just graduated. We camped and hiked and traveled. My husband and kids arent as outdoorsy as me. So I am going to plan more trips and hikes. A couple trips will be solo.
    We were taught basic survival in case we got lost. So there is quite a bit I dont know. We fished and hiked a lot. I was 5 when I gutted my first fish. I have yet to go hunting. My dad did put a 12 guage in my hands when I was 9. Ouchy! I have a couple guns of my own. A .38 Ruger and a 28 guage shot gun. I have a conceal carry. The class is great! Even if you dont own a gun. But I do need to learn how to process an animal.
    I am working on my homemade travel trailer. We didnt build it. I have been modifying it. I added a gravity sink, bunk for my daughter, a/c, heater, solar panel and battery pack, toaster oven, gas burner, electric burner, portapotty, portable shower, and soon a fridge.
    I have taken an interest in bow and arrow making. I will be starting that project soon. I made my first gill net, not pretty, but I can work on that skill. I still need to learn how to process an animal and hunt. I need to learn about edibles as well.
    I am hoping to take an outdoor class or two on survival. if you all know of any places, books or videos, let me know. I am always willing to learn!
    Hopefully this one will post! And hopefully I didnt forget anything!

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.