Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Look

Well, you can't blame a pandemic on anyone. But prior to that was the best numbers this country ever enjoyed across the board. Record stock market and that's back already, lowest unemployed across all sectors. Highest employment across all sectors, 12,000 new factories, record trade deals. Your assertion that housing costs are out of reach for most people depends on where you live. My son just bought a house and closes on it in a couple of weeks. Perhaps where you live that's true but certainly not around here. Stores are not empty either.

Not trying to be argumentative but the numbers speak for themselves. The pandemic changed things...a lot. No question. But the three years prior were some of the best this country has enjoyed.

I paid $300/month rent the entire 20 years I lived in Selma. It probably hasn't changed much. That's because Selma is a cul de sac and you have to have some business in Selma to want to live there. You're right. It is according to where you live.

The question remains. What has Trump done to help the economy. And you're also right, gas prices were lower before the pandemic...before Trump even. People don't travel distances as much anymore. They can't afford to.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Wolf, I don't know what you're doing but I'm making money hand over fist and IF I wanted to go back to work I could make more than I was making when I retired six years ago. I could work handyman jobs with NO advertising. Simply let one or two people find out what I was doing and I'd have more than I could do in two weeks. #1 son can't even come work for me and I pay him really good. He makes more money mowing grass, trimming/removing trees, building fence, etc than I was making teaching.

The economy is booming despite what the "News" tells you. The parking lots at WalMart, Lowe's, HEB (grocery store) and Home Depot are packed every day of the week.

The only thing hurting is the DemocRat's chance of winning the White House and keeping their stranglehold on the House of Representatives.

Keep draining the Swamp and build on the new ground.

Alan

That's kinda the way things are around here. They are building residential, commercial and civil like no body's business. Unemployment is still in single digits.

https://nlihc.org/explore-issues/why-we-care/problem

The health of the economy isn't about how you are doing, it's about how well we all are doing. Like I said, Selma is probably all right in some ways, but that in itself is a product of overall economic problems - for instance, nobody wants to live there because all the industry has moved out, so cost of living is low.

Some people will be okay even if the economy is in the toilet, until someone flushes the thing.

But again, to claim that Trump had anything to do with the state of the economy, good or bad, you need to point at something he did to bring about the changes. What are they?
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 09-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Okay. I give up.

If you are seriously asking what changes he made to improve the economy, you are really not paying attention.

Guess he found that magic wand that the previous President said he would need.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I bet I could go back to work and find a niche to make enough to get by on right now. By word of mouth. I'll go further. I bet I could have a waiting list in a month.

And nope. I won't. Because I worked my *** off for most of my life and I'm good.

Actually, having lived in the South I've been watching Trump for a long time. I know how he made his fortune and I know how he got to where he is today. So if he did souch that I've missed, don't list them all. Just name a couple of things. Gas prices started down before him and there were natural forces bringing them down. And the economy, not to mention public moral is bad and poised to be worse.

How he made his fortune and how he got where he is today has nothing to do with how he handles the country. I hate to use absolutes but I think I'm pretty safe in saying nearly every politician has a morality problem with very few exceptions.

Let's see....prior to the pandemic

Created 400,000 manufacturing jobs and 12,000 factories. That's what O'bama said he would need a magic wand to create but he did it.
    49 year low in unemployment.
    Median household income highest level ever
    Lowest level of unemployment across all social sectors...Asian, Black, Hispanic, Veteran, Those with only high school diploma, Women.
    3.9 million off food stamps.
    Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history.
    Open ANWR and approved the Keystone Pipeline
    Record number of regulations eliminated
    Oil production reached an all time high
    Forced NATO allies to spend 69 billion more. Finally!
    Withdrew from the Iran Deal
    Reached a deal with the EU to increase US exports.
    We are now a natural gas exporter.

need more?

Began dismantling Obamacare....

Alan

They're only mad because Hillary didnt win. Boohoo!
    Trump was elected because he is NOT a career politician. He has done great things. What about the 2 peace deals in the Middle East? Talks with North Korea? The wall? The USMCA?
    I really think people need to ask more when they chose who to vote for. I dont know why people vote for party? Puzzling. I ask myself, is this person going to protect our country? Is the president going to keep my taxes low? Do I trust this person with my tax money? NO! I do not trust any of them with my money! Why on Earth would I vote for someone who is going to raise my taxes? Thats asking for misapprpriation of funds! FRAUD ALERT!
    Now back to my regularly scheduled bow and arrow reading. Have A Good Day!

I wasn't that crazy about Obama either.

Of course his behavior in the past is an old ndicator of his current behavior, and his current behavior is the same as it has been in the past.

We couldn't hardly have not made some advanced, but increased income isn't much good if it doesn't keep up with cost of living, and it hasn't.

If you reduce the wrong regulations, you could just wipe out the country.

A lot of what you listed, Rick, can be seen as good or bad. Outcomes are important. If people can't afford to live, the economy is not good, and if moral is bad, the country isn't healthy.

Biden isn't much different than Trump (according to his record). He's a DINO, but at least he doesn't tell people to huff disinfectant.

I just hope we can survive one or the other because they're the only options we've been given.

If you really believe that Trump told people to huff disinfectant...............I am done trying to have a conversation with you. Your realities are not based on facts.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We couldn't have had some advance? Seriously? His policies had no effect? It just happened? Believe what you want. If you can't look at monumental advancement that has never occurred under any other president and realize that those are his achievements then you are welcome to live in your world.

I cant believe this thread got hijacked by politics LOL!

Since I saw the video, yes my realities are based on facts. What do you think they did? Get look-alikes to play Trump and his surgeon general at a public event?

It got hijacked at post five.

Whenever Trump says or tweets something really dumb, ask yourself, "what did he not want me to pay attention to?"
    He would give PT Barnum a run for his money. As a president he's been no better or worse than some others in the past. The pendulum swings. Back and Forth. Each time it cuts a little deeper.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Whenever Trump says or tweets something really dumb, ask yourself, "what did he not want me to pay attention to?"
    He would give PT Barnum a run for his money. As a president he's been no better or worse than some others in the past. The pendulum swings. Back and Forth. Each time it cuts a little deeper.
    The facts on what Trump has accomplished speak for themselves for anyone who genuinely wants to know. Other people just get sidetracked by trivialities and tweets that have nothing to do with matters that make a difference in the country.