Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That Look

Default That Look

I cant stand that look at times. Other times it makes me giggle and surprises me!
    When someone finds out your interests. They give you that side glance or the surprised look. Then they say " OMG I could not ever do that!" Or "Who in their right right mind would do that?". And the " I dont understand why anyone would want to do that?".
    Do any of you get the same?

Quote Originally Posted by DAR2020 View Post
    I cant stand that look at times. Other times it makes me giggle and surprises me!
    When someone finds out your interests. They give you that side glance or the surprised look. Then they say " OMG I could not ever do that!" Or "Who in their right right mind would do that?". And the " I dont understand why anyone would want to do that?".
    Do any of you get the same?
    Sorry...do what?

Camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, roughing it, learning primitive skills, unplug.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

People around here get that look if they Don't do those things....

Alan

The only look I get is when they hear I support Trump.
    I don't volunnteer this info it's just that people around here just assume everyone hates T and cannot comprehend that some people who appear normal, don't.

I get "that look" in some places because of the Trump 2020 mask I wear.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Every time he pulls up in front of the house for dinner, I get that look. I've learned to ignore it. I think people are just jealous. I'm a staunch supporter of My Life Matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Every time he pulls up in front of the house for dinner, I get that look. I've learned to ignore it. I think people are just jealous. I'm a staunch supporter of My Life Matters.
    Or it could be the hong.

Just when I talk about endurance hikes. Otherwise, I live in Denver. "Normal" people here do that stuff.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Ya think? The hong. Hmm. Could be I guess. Most folks around here are used to it. They still get a little irked when I go to Kroger but I just point out the folks with no face mask and ask the manager if he really wants me to take it off. That always shuts him up.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I get "that look" in some places because of the Trump 2020 mask I wear.
    When I was working in South Dakota my "Trump for Prison" shirt got the same looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    When I was working in South Dakota my "Trump for Prison" shirt got the same looks.
    Come to NYC wearing that shirt--people will buy you drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Come to NYC wearing that shirt--people will buy you drinks.
    Just my luck! I don't drink. But I might start up again if Turnip gets another term. Unless that term is life without parole. I'm not much of a city guy, never been to NYC and probably never will go there. Lots of awesome restaurants though, or at least there was before CoV-2. Hopefully Per Se will reopen. It will literally be a blow to human civilization if it doesn't!

At any rate I live in Montana so no one looks at you funny here for wanting to do bushcraft stuff (although more folks are into fly fishing, skiing and UTVs).

I paid $1.85 for gas yesterday. I can remember $4.00 a gallon. I wonder why gas is only $1.85? Oh, I know. We're energy independent. That's the ticket. The RED ticket. (chuckle)

Ah, and here I thought that reduced demand brought gas prices down.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

That's what they want you to think. Uh huh. (lookin' around) (whispers) Don't believe 'em. It was low before Covid. Yeah. It was.

Lower than it is now actually, pre-covid.

Alan

It was coming down and has been for a while. I remember (boy that makes me feel old) when I was paying over $4.00 a gallon.

But just because you see two things together does not Mean that one caused the other.

You mean like the President and a great economy? I'm gonna go think about that.

Aye, you need a reasonable hypothesis to make the connection. In other words, what did he do to bring the price of gas down?

And the economy isn't great. Not in the US anyway. Small businesses are closing permanently, housing costs are out of reach for most people. Homelessness is through the roof. Half the time, if you go to a store, they'll be out of what you want. I live with two diabetics. They can't afford the insulin they need (which costs the same to produce as the insulin that would actually work for them) so they have to be satisfied with what they can get.
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 09-13-2020 at 12:47 PM.