Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water bladder or water barrel in bug-out bag?

Using the barrel will protect whatever is inside from bears. So that's certainly a plus. That would protect your radio anyway.

Although we moved here to enjoy the beauty and solitude, we live where most would consider a BOL.

IMO and for a few reasons, kyratshooter's "In a real SHTF situation you probably aren't going anywhere by foot or by vehicle."

If I have to face a SHTF situation, I'm buggin in and I will leave my house only for tending to my garden, and for hunting and fishing in the nearby forest, along with my neigbours. We are country people, after all.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

We will also be bugging in. We have shelter, food, water and a wood stove for winter heat.

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    We will also be bugging in. We have shelter, food, water and a wood stove for winter heat.
    To be fair, I would also bug out if I lived at a bigger city, away from natural resources. But here I just need to walk 30 minutes and I'm into the woods looking at a massive river. When my dad's grandparents came from Germany, they survived for the first few months just hunting, fishing and gathering and trading. My mom's grandparents came from a diferent part of Germany, and they mostly selled wood and charcoal for the fisrt months. Then the first crops came, the families met at a local bar, a daugther and a son likekd each other and the rest is history. I have no reason to bug out. I'm at work rigth now and this is my window, I can see the edge of the forest rigth there besides the parking lot.anexar ja.jpg
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    To be fair, I would also bug out if I lived at a bigger city, away from natural resources. But here I just need to walk 30 minutes and I'm into the woods looking at a massive river. When my dad's grandparents came from Germany, they survived for the first few months just hunting, fishing and gathering and trading. My mom's grandparents came from a diferent part of Germany, and they mostly selled wood and charcoal for the fisrt months. Then the first crops came, the families met at a local bar, a daugther and a son likekd each other and the rest is history. I have no reason to bug out. I'm at work rigth now and this is my window, I can see the edge of the forest rigth there besides the parking lot.
    For long term survival, it would take a huge BOB.

Here is our place:
    home.jpg
    Same as you, we have no need to bug out. Here, the forest surrounds us. Our neighbors have 4 legs or slither on the ground.
    We are over 20 miles from the nearest town with under 9K population.
    To be honest, it wasn't chosen as a BOL as we both love its peacefulness and beauty.