Thread: Comet NEOWISE

Default Comet NEOWISE

There's a comet that I didn't realize was out there to see. They say you'll need binoculars or a telescope to see it.

From another forum.

"As soon as you can discern the big dipper in the evening sky, find the two stars that would define the open top of the dipper. Draw an imaginary line from those two stars down and to the right. Along that imaginary line, about half way to the horizon is Comet NEOWISE. The head of the comet looks like it is headed South into earth's horizon and the tail is pointed almost straight up towards the North Star."

I'm going to find a dark spot where I can see the northern horizon tonight. I like comets.

Alan

Crap. I got lost right after "From another forum"..... I didn't know those things existed.

So is this comet flying straight down as in it's gonna crash and we're all gonna die? That would make sense 'cause 2020 is that kinda year. I read that squirrels in Colorado have bubonic plague so pretty much anything is possible at this point.

Blog Entries

Interesting points made by both of you as the Earth is to end by FIRE, So it states in the Bible and a COMET becoming a meteror would do just that if it were to hit and be big enough. On another topic in the same area "SPACE and COMETS" a few years back, I read a story about the SUN Blocking our view of approching comets approching from the farside of the SUN. As they would be coming in from the back side of the SUN towards Earth. To my surprize I learned that a well known movie actor was helping to get two sateliltes into space on the opposite side of the SUN and they are called SENTINELS and they have been or will be placed in a cicle around the SUN looking out into deep space and at Earth. The SUN moving with Earths orbit around the SUN.

In short as it is currectly there are 7-sentinel in space around the SUN as they move away from the earth around the SUN they look into deep dark space of objects that cound hit Earth. When coming back close to Earth they look at Earth and what is happening on Earth and reporting the atrocities that taken place in hidden areas here on Earth.

https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/missions

He is also doing this which has given me a new respect for some of what he is doing:
    https://www.wearethemighty.com/histo...2#rebelltitem2
    Last edited by DogMan635; 07-16-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    The Wilderness for myself has always been a place, I can escape to and discover my stronger self. A true builder of self-confidence and skills, I never knew we're possible within me to achieve. A tough taskmaster breakdown my self-limits and barriers. I have overcome and found my inner self, leaving behind only the old skin, blood, and sweat, having won a newer stronger self. The Wilderness shows me a better reflection of myself.
    by Dogman.

I wouldn't mind going to the other side of the sun just to get a sun tan on my back side. Even things out a bit.

If the comet were coming straight at us, you wouldn't see the tail.

It's easy to go to the other side of the sun...just turn around. Just don't get too close unless it's night.
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 07-16-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I wouldn't mind going to the other side of the sun just to get a sun tan on my back side. Even things out a bit.
    Just wait 183 days.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So is this comet flying straight down as in it's gonna crash and we're all gonna die?
    I was hoping you weren't going to bring that up, but, yes, that's what is going to happen....

Alan

I hate it when that happens. I'm going to get the lawn chair out, pop some popcorn, get my favorite beverage, paint a big X on the front lawn and watch the dang thing hit. I'm takin' bets on whether it hits the X or not. I'll pay up right after earth cools down again.

What kind of odds are you giving on the "Red X"?

Alan

If he drinks enough brewskis even he won't hit the red x.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Maybe that can be the bet. When he finally tries to stand, he'll fall forward. Then we measure from where his nose hits to the center of the X. Closest guess wins!

Alan

I'll draw the red X on my nose then wherever I fall will be it. Hey, I ain't just another pretty face over here.

Don't land on your back. No tellin what might find your red x attractive with the end of the world coming and all.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's okay. Coworkers made a lot of jokes about my nose and bosses so I should be good to go......I think.