Thread: Fish at home

Default Fish at home

There is a youtube video about a guy with his aquaponic system that uses a big fish tank to feed his hydroponic system and grow vegetables. Then on Sunday you can drop a hook in there and haul out a tilapia or a trout. Depends on the water temp as to which fish you can use. I'd like to try one of these but I bet they stink too much to be in the house.

Anyone in the forum do any aquaponics? Seems like it'd be a cool way to grow a balanced diet in a confined area.

Do you do that in India?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteve View Post
    There is a youtube video about a guy with his aquaponic system that uses a big fish tank to feed his hydroponic system and grow vegetables. Then on Sunday you can drop a hook in there and haul out a tilapia or a trout. Depends on the water temp as to which fish you can use. I'd like to try one of these but I bet they stink too much to be in the house.

Anyone in the forum do any aquaponics? Seems like it'd be a cool way to grow a balanced diet in a confined area.
    Nah. Eat more beef. MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I see what you did there.

Pull out a Tilapia (with a hook?) or a trout. I wonder how he got a cold water fish and a warm water fish to survive in the same tank?

Maybe he was feeding them SPAM!

Alan

Thermal zones.

Considering how freakin big the trout get in the pool at the local Bass Pro, I've often wondered about fish in the basement. All I have to do is turn off the sump pump.
    (Trout fed on fish pellets tastes like dirt though.)
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant