Thread: Our Adventure

Default Our Adventure

Hey all,

Tammy and I are starting our adventure...
    Bought 10 acres of land in Flanigan, NV area..
    We came across an ol' guy towing a 5th wheel camper near my hometown in CA.. The camper had NV plates on it..
    I joked with the guy saying he could "tow that over to our new land in NV if he wanted to get rid of it"
    Be bought the RV for the wheels and tires at dirt cheap so he said "Yea"
    Anyhow, He towed it back over to Nevada for us.. Dropped it off and went off into the sunset..
    We have spent 3 weekends in that 5th wheel, finding the only issue is, someone took the generator out of it, and didn't bother to do anything with the 12,000,000 wires that are all just chopped off... so far I've gotten the 120V systems all up and running (external Generator), 12 V lights are all working....
    So now it's on to the Propane... One system I fear more than ANY...
    It stinks, it blows up, it burns, it's poisonous... Just good for making heat and running frige..

I went to the land with my friend the first time. He bought 10 acres across the valley..
    I already knew the area, had been around there many times before..
    found out the roads on google earth... aren't much of a road at all... not a problem, we drive a 4x4 with good tires on it..
    found out the rocks on those roads don't care how good your tires are, they will go flat...
    so 10 ply tires are a must... maybe a set of tracks for the truck... lol.

anyway it goes, We'll post on here as we progress, and I'll be looking for any questions I can answer to help anyone out.
    I like to type so this is a good place for me LOL.

That just sounds cool!

I have a friend that lived several years in a decrepit house trailer before managing to build a house on his property. He didn't seem to be put out by it at all. It was all his and, as you say, an adventure.

He was a handy type and, for instance, strung up tarps over it so that the Georgia rain didn't create too much of a noise (and, incidentally, didn't get inside.)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Maybe it’s the Tammy’s. My Tammy and I are having camper issues.

Rebel,
    What's the matter with the camper? My wife and I have lived between a truck camper and a 21 foot toy hauler for the last 2 years... I figure if we are going to live in small spaces, might as well do it on our own dirt ... and away from the shi77y city...
    I know quite a bit about electrical and plumbing, even generators solar and inverters... if you're having problems, feel free to hit me up, I'll do all I can to help out.
    If the camper issue is you and your Tammy due to small spaces... All I can really think of is .. spend some time apart... then spend time together away from the camper.. out in the open... Cabin fever can kick a persons *** in a moment... I found this out after 20 days at sea on a 27 foot boat by myself... I suffered from separation anxiety... started creating friends and talking to the boat... talked to a psych doctor as soon as I hit land, he explained that's perfectly normal.. best thing is to read a lot.. and to inte

I've lived in nice homes, I've spent a short time living under a bridge, lived on a damn nice boat that was moldy when I got it, beat to hell when I finished sailing around the pacific.
    I don't judge people by what they have, where they live.. to me a person is all about what they believe in.. and are they willing to stand up for it, no matter how petty it is to others.

Sounds like your friend kinda said screw the world, I want to do me, and the world can do themselves... That's LIBERTY!
    Nothing like knowing that where you're at, nobody has a right to come bother you, it's yours... except the damn tax BS...

I actually don't mind paying taxes. They pay for our military, first responders, schools, roads, clean water that we drink, etc. Our taxes are what are saving lives right now in this pandemic. Kinda of thankful our tax dollars are buying all the gear that is needed to keep people safe and alive and helping to keep businesses somewhat viable and employees paid. To each his own.

A rat got into our camper. I caught him but, he did some damage. I can fix it.

That's what they make .22's for... or pellet guns for inside LOL.
    Glad you can get it fixed though.

It's not the taxes that really bother me so much as we buy land so we can own it.. but never actually own it..
    I wish they would just give us a set number ... a percentage of the total sale price and allow it to be actually paid off and not give anyone the ability to ever take it away.
    I also see a LOT of our taxes going to waste in CA... I see our taxes being used to work against our liberty at every turn...
    I see we can't own the guns we want with the magazines we want, we can't carry a weapon... we have NO right to keep or bear arms in CA..
    But the Supremacy clause of the constitution says otherwise... Personally, I won't abide by any unconstitutional law... and I'll pay the price for it one day, But that's a choice I make.
    I believe our inalienable rights are just that... I'm a damn fool to even think I have rights in America... Considering we can be detained indefinitely, without charges against us,
    We can be disarmed by force if our neighbor sees a gun and pisses down his leg because he was raised by weenies who are afraid of EVERYTHING..

Who are we really kidding? We are about as free as the people in China... They can move around the streets, they can buy stuff.. but damn them if they try to do anything a free man wishes to do...

I want an M-60 or a BAR to just beat the hell out of a steel plate for fun.. but I can't have one because ... umm... UNJUST laws...
    I'd like to build a plane and fly myself all over the world, but I can't without asking for permission...

to some an M-60 or BAR is just something that NOBODY NEEDS... to me, It's the ultimate tool when a corrupt government turns against the people...
    it's the ultimate rush to go out and make a cloud of dust and a ton of noise just shooting up metal plates, or old stoves, old cars... junk that is fun to shoot..

My whole point is, We are not free to do the things our constitution says we have the RIGHT to do... it's up to us to restore the Constitution, and not many are doing anything to do that. we hear the word pandemic, and everyone just gave up their right to free and open travel... America was put under a soft martial law, and because the reason was right, nobody said a word... That's what bothers me.
    We have the right to carry a gun... but state laws say we can't, so we give up that right... without any argument..

it's a sad state of affairs when America can be brought to it's knees by the lame stream media parroting the words of a foreign organization...

Oh, California laws. Well, that's what happens when you live in another country.

An M60 or a BAR would be great to own. I wouldn't want to have to feed one regularly.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    A rat got into our camper. I caught him but, he did some damage. I can fix it.
    A lot of wiring insulation is soy based. Rats see it as a food source. Additionally, their teeth are constantly growing and they need to gnaw on something to keep the size down.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's my problem. I have to gnaw on something. I don't about the teeth part but gnawing is necessary.

John,
    What kind of water sources does your 10 acres have? I have a very good friend that lives south of you a touch. Out of Wahsoe Valley a little bit. He hauls his water, or most of it anyway.