Thread: Happy Easter

Default Happy Easter

Hope you and yours the best. Stay safe and strong.

You, too, Rebel and everyone else. Stay healthy!

The promise of the resurrection and eternal life is as true in times of adversity as it is in good times.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 04-12-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Amen. Happy Easter.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Aye. Be blessed.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. It was hard for me, not only missing Steve, but not being able to have my grand kids trying to find eggs ( I say trying, because it never fails that one or two eggs escape recapture no matter how diligently we go over and over the yard because after the count it seems that we are missing a couple they are almost never found, until the next time we mow the lawn and inevitably a brightly colored projectile shoots out deck of the lawn mower).

I still cooked for a crowd, and it looks like my daughter and I will have pulled pork most of the week.

I got up early for sunrise services, and to deliver family Easter baskets to the front porches for my grand kids to find.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

We have 37 years of pictures of kids hunting Easter eggs at our house. Don't have any this year. #1 DIL and granddaughter did deliver a cake to us yesterday. It was a beautiful cake and wonderful to see them and talk from a distance, even for just a few min.

Alan

I ordered a chicken and eggs from the grocery for delivery. I'll let you know.

I was stuck in my room. I think I'm over the virus. My last fever was yesterday morning. But the virus is temporary - quarantine feels eternal. It snowed. We were going to make eggs and let Vincent find them. I don't know if we did. I miss my dog.

There were sunrise services? Was it podcast?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

You know you're contagious even though the fever is gone, right?

Funny story, last year the neighbors had an Easter egg hunt for their kids. A couple days later, I was walking along the stone fence at the back of my property and, what the heck are those brightly colored things over there. A little stash of 4 plastic Easter eggs. All rodent chewed and the candy wrappers torn open. Guess they shouldn't have put them out so early. LOL. (yes, I did look to see if there was any money laying about and windward, LOL.)
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Default Easter as we know it was postponed til next year...

...so we had a pizza delivery and watched Franklin Graham preach from Central Park.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I was stuck in my room. I think I'm over the virus. My last fever was yesterday morning. But the virus is temporary - quarantine feels eternal. It snowed. We were going to make eggs and let Vincent find them. I don't know if we did. I miss my dog.

There were sunrise services? Was it podcast?
    It was a drive in service, cars spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart from each other, no one allowed out of their car, and no restroom available.

I also watched a service that my cousin live streamed from Florida. Her pastor was out on the beach, back to the water, the sun rising over the horizon was beautiful. Their service was a little earlier than ours.
    It would have been beautiful to see a service from atop fire tower hill in the Clark State Forestry in Southern Indiana. You can see nearly to Louisville.
    This weekend would have been Thunder over Louisville if not for Covid-19. I have never actually been to Thunder, because I hate crowds, but Steve and I went up to Fire tower Hill and watched it once from the old shelter house.
    Last edited by nell67; 04-13-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Nell, creativity in action!

Rick, that's why I'm still stuck in my room.

in my country, the easter was only yesterday so happy easter everybody. we've made a really good dish with help of https://delicerecipes.com/
    just registered and trying to make friends here.
    how are you "surviving" in this pandemic?
    Last edited by Contaked; 05-05-2020 at 10:39 AM. Reason: grammar

California is indeed another country but that aside...