Thread: Traffic

Default Traffic

I logged another 1200 miles yesterday. Up to southwestern Arkansas and back in 22 hrs. Big thing I noticed was how few vehicles were on the road, for obvious reasons. Just shows how much extraneous traffic there is with only people traveling who have to do so.

I was amazed at Houston. Came back through the middle of downtown at midnight. For most of the trip through I saw no other vehicles on the highways. Really kind of freaky.

Lots of truck traffic but mostly behaving themselves.

The Texas DPS WAS stopping motorists and either turning them back or giving them the quarantine for 14 days form.

Alan

Traffic is not anywhere as busy as it normally here in FL. We've just made our second care package runs today to the elderly
    They are helpless. And scared. Those talking heads on the TV , that they watch 24/7 have earned a place in my heartless despicable list. Kelly's over at her Moms with a care package right now. But the food, to, etc is secondary to a little company
    My next door neighbor arrived home at the same time we did and she was literally yelling , "Tony!!!!". Have you seen any eggs!!! Yes, Mickey. I'll bring you a dozen tomorrow. Lives on social security check to check. No way she can prep.

We were seen by several Sheriffs. We got the 2 finger wave and passed.

Our outside runs for two and a half weeks now have been about one thing, and we buried him yesterday. We couldn't even make our care package runs to the "more" elderly in the neighborhood because we were likely the "Typhoid Marys". This thing is a real PITA.

I was thinking today that medical science has struggled for years adding years to people's lives by truly extraordinary means and now this freaking virus is going to wipe out all the gains, save social security and medicare and kick us back to a three score and ten lifespan.

Alan

My neighbors are still congregating in their driveway. There were no less that six there again today. My other neighbor has people in and out every day. I've started calling it the croneyvirus because they are all going to catch it from their croneys. "We're six feet apart" is their reasoning. Yeah, those droplets can't be carried by the wind. Everyone is petting the dog. Good luck with that.

This will fly like a lead balloon. A few weeks ago I went out for supplies. Guess who was still having church services. Yep, the 35% who have 70% of the infections. Saw it coming and mentioned it to the misses.

Mrs. Crash and I go for a walk for about an hour every morning. We do not encounter others other than to wave from the other side of the street. Had a few medical appointments, but actually enjoying our "alone" time.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Mrs. Crash and I go for a walk for about an hour every morning. We do not encounter others other than to wave from the other side of the street. Had a few medical appointments, but actually enjoying our "alone" time.
    Us too, Crash. Usually I'm trying to plan one more camp
    Decide to take what boards. What fishing gear. What side trip to take. One of the most relaxed springs I've ever had. Just sitting around reading and like you guys getting out to the woods to walk Max.

22 straight hours in the Qarantruck is a bit different than being at home. No matter where you go or which way you turn, the relationship is right there. After 44 years we pretty much got it down though.

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have to agree that this is an age related isolation thing.

All of us retired geezers are having to watch out for the infection but there are still 2/3 of the population that have to go to work daily, come home and be "normal".

What good is putting off a trip to Walmart when you work for FedX and walk in and out of every business that is still open and visit every front porch in town?

We sometimes forget that for most of the population life is continuing with isolation being a joke for the evening news to discuss. Their greatest problem with isolation is what to do with their kids while they work while school is closed. Everyone did not simply stop in mid stride like us old guys.

I have one friend, 62 with heart disease, kidney failure and crippling back injury that has a daughter that is a nurse, son that works at the hospital and SIL that is a deputy sheriff. All of them are super exposed on a daily basis. The son lives at home with him because he is disabled. Good luck with isolating!

If you can not effectively isolate then worrying about it or trying to pretend you are doing so is a waste of time.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I feel very blessed. Both my sons and my daughter are all working from home as is my daughter in law. So everyone is isolated. If they have to go to the store they use curb side pick-up. I'm not saying they won't catch it but they are certainly in a better situation that kyrat decrribed above. Those folks in essential jobs are out there every day and in my prayers.

#1 son works by himself with one other helper. They are mostly away from people all day. #2 son works from home but still has to go out once a week to buy groceries. He's a single dad with a 3 yr old. #3 son is a firefighter/paramedic.... He's in the middle of it 48 hrs at a time. He stays home when he's off.

#1 wife and I put on our masks and got groceries and Rx today. Stayed home the rest of the time.

Obviously that hasn't been the case up to now. Since all of this started (when the first stay at home thing came out) I got to stay home for 2 days. I've put 10,000 +/- miles on my truck since then. I'm really kinda ready for some "stay at home" for a while. Maybe some quarantine in the boat out at the lake....

I will say again something about the truckers. It seemed like they were being extra careful on the road during all my travels.

Alan

With less traffic on the road, the truckers and everyone else are being extra cautious around here. Less pickins for the police to choose from.
    I did a 210mile round trip last Monday and saw 8 cruisers with their camera guns out. And those are only the ones I actually saw. They aren't going to pull you over. You just get a picture and a ticket in the mail.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant